Subject: RE: Limiting the Use of Site-Local

From: "Michel Py" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 08:07:36 -0800

Margaret,

>> Michel Py wrote:
>> Then what was all this noise about restricting SLs to
>> non-connected networks? This *is* a connected network.

> Margaret Wasserman wrote:
> Because, I have been suggesting that we _change_ the
> scoped addressing architecture rules to restrict the
> use of site-locals to non-connected networks.

You can certainly write a draft about it, but how many more hundreds of
posts on the mailing list does it take in order for you to understand
that modifying the scoped addressing architecture on that topic will not
reach consensus?

Michel.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Pekka Savola <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 21:30:18 +0200 (EET)

> that modifying the scoped addressing architecture on that topic will not

I don't think this is productive.

Btw. I believe the rough consensus is the other way around.

-- 
Pekka Savola                 "Tell me of difficulties surmounted,
Netcore Oy                   not those you stumble over and fall"
Systems. Networks. Security.  -- Robert Jordan: A Crown of Swords