Subject: RE: a different approach to site-local's "security"

From: "Richard Draves" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 10:06:36 -0800

Re Steve Bellovin's proposal -

> I'd like to hear opinions from pro-site-local people on how 
> it looks like. 

It looks a lot like the site prefix table described in
draft-ietf-ipngwg-site-prefixes-05.

If you don't have site locals then it's OK - better than nothing. But I
think it's not as good as site locals, because the "security" of site's
global prefix will rest on filtering being done at one point, whereas
site locals will be filtered throughout the internet backbone. If GUPIs
are filtered in the backbone then they would be better for the same
reason.

Rich

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------