Subject: RE: Scoping Scoped Addresses

From: "Michel Py" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 17:05:10 -0800

>> Michel Py wrote:
>> This ignores the fact that many people will use site-locals
>> because addresses that are not publicly routable are a
>> requirement, and this regardless of the fact they have a
>> stable global prefix or not. Besides, stable global prefixes
>> do not exist today for end-sites.

> Keith Moore wrote:
> sites that think they have this requirement are not stating
> it correctly.

Very Good. The next time there is a $50 M government contract, you can
go see these guys and tell them their requirements are full of it. It
won't change anything and *I* will get the $50 M contract. Thank you
very much.
Ladies and gentlemen, if you are among my competitors please do listen
to Keith carefully.

Michel.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Keith Moore <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 20:22:02 -0500

> go see these guys and tell them their requirements are full of it. 

*of course* the government is full of it.  this is news?

but IETF's job is to design sound protocols and recommend sound 
practices, not to do whatever some government bureaucrats think 
is a good idea.

and if you want to take their money, that's your business.
but don't expect IETF to endorse your business practices.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------