Subject: Draft Agenda for Atlanta

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 11:47:11 -0500

Hi All,

Here is a draft of our agenda for next week.  Please let me and
Bob Hinden know if you have any comments or suggestions, or if
we seem to have omitted anything.

Thanks,
Margaret

IPv6 WG (ipv6)
Monday, November 18, 2002, 1930-2200
Thursday, November 21, 2002, 0900-1130
======================================

CHAIRS:  Bob Hinden <[email-masked]>
          Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>

AGENDA:

Monday:

Intro and Agenda Bashing -- Bob Hinden (5 min)

Document Status and Priorities -- Bob Hinden (5 min)

Proposed Charter Update -- Bob Hinden (15 min)

MIB Updates -- Margaret Wasserman (5 min)
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipv6-rfc2011-update-01.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipv6-rfc2012-update-01.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipv6-rfc2013-update-00.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipv6-rfc2096-update-02.txt

Prefix Delegation:
         Prefix Delegation Requirements -- Shin Miyakawa (15 min)
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipv6-prefix-delegation-requirement-00.txt

         DHCP Option for Prefix Delegation -- Ralph Droms (10 min)
         http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipv6-flow-label-03.txt

Flow Label -- Jarno Rajahalme (20 min)
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipv6-flow-label-03.txt

Node Requirements -- John Loughney (30 min)
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipv6-node-requirements-02.txt

Thursday:

Site-Local Usage / Scoped Address Architecture -- Bob Hinden & TBD (1-1/2 hour)
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipngwg-scoping-arch-04.txt

DNS Resolver Autoconfiguration -- Alain Durand (10 min)
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipv6-dns-discovery-07.txt

Issues with DHCPv6 -- Ralph Droms (10 min)
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-droms-dhcpv6-issues-00.txt

IPv6 over Fibre Channel -- Claudio DeSanti (10 min)
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-desanti-ipv6-over-fibre-channel-00.txt

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: "Chen, Weijing" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 12:51:41 -0600

Bob, Margaret,

We have been studying the benefits that IPv6 could bring to a large carrier
like SBC, in addition to large IP address, plug-play host connection.  You
might be interested in an Internet-Draft that we recently submitted as
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-allen-lap-ipv6-00.txt.  In it, we
make a case for why companies like ours should be turning towards IPv6, and
also suggest some new capabilities for IPv6, such as broadband Internet
access, L3VPN, L2VPN.  We would like to have time slot, preferred on later
part of Monday or Thursday, to present our position and to advance it
forward.

Thank you.

--
Weijing Chen
SBC Technology Resources
9505 Arboretum Blvd.
Austin, TX 78759
512 372 5710
[email-masked]

-----Original Message-----
From: Margaret Wasserman [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, November 14, 2002 10:47 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Draft Agenda for Atlanta

Hi All,

Thanks,
Margaret

IPv6 WG (ipv6)

AGENDA:

Monday:

Prefix Delegation:
         Prefix Delegation Requirements -- Shin Miyakawa (15 min)
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipv6-prefix-delegation-requir
ement-00.txt

Thursday:

Site-Local Usage / Scoped Address Architecture -- Bob Hinden & TBD (1-1/2
hour)
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipngwg-scoping-arch-04.txt

IPv6 over Fibre Channel -- Claudio DeSanti (10 min)
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-desanti-ipv6-over-fibre-channel-00
.txt