Subject: RE: MIPv6 and site local addresses

From: "Richard Draves" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 15:57:07 -0800

> The issue was simultaneous use of site-local addresses both
> at the home site and at the visited site. I think the problem 
> is that when we see a site local address in the stack and 
> expect to do, say, a TCP connect to it, we don't know where 
> that address came from.

The scope id will tell you what site the address belongs to, in other
words, which of your interfaces you can use to reach the address. Yes,
this is a multi-sited issue, not specific to MIPv6.

Rich

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 11:28:15 +0900

>this is a multi-sited issue, not specific to MIPv6.

	in mobile-ip case, mobile node would receive packets with site-local
	address on the same interface for both cases.

itojun