Subject: RE: even one reason why provably unique SL is needed?

From: "Michel Py" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 14:20:16 -0800

> Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
> Thinking about it a little more, there's a seriously
> obscene thing to do here:  ship the config files with
> a * PTR record, resolving to something like
> read.RFC.1918.for.these.addresses."

I must be a pervert because I like the idea.

Michel.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 09:53:56 +1100

> I must be a pervert because I like the idea.

	It's been done in the past.

	It has some interesting effects on certian network management
	software that results in the entire local network becoming
	a single machine.

	Mark
--
Mark Andrews, Internet Software Consortium
1 Seymour St., Dundas Valley, NSW 2117, Australia
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------