Subject: RE: globally unique site local addresses

From: "Michel Py" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 07:54:08 -0800

> Brian Carpenter wrote:
> So I am unconditionally against any scheme that
> generates prefixes longer than /48.

Agreed.

Michel.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 10:11:01 +1100

> > generates prefixes longer than /48.

	Why?  You can just get a additional prefixes if you need
	them.  I would prefer it to be the same size as what is
	recommended for PA space but could work with a different
	size.
 
--
Mark Andrews, Internet Software Consortium
1 Seymour St., Dundas Valley, NSW 2117, Australia
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------