Subject: IPv4 address necessary for IPv6 address?

From: Rich3800 <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2002 16:50:55 -0500

Is it necessary to get an IPv4 static IP address to get an IPv6 one?

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Nicolas DEFFAYET <[email-masked]>
Date: 06 Nov 2002 23:14:45 +0100

> Is it necessary to get an IPv4 static IP address to get an IPv6 one?

No, if you have a native IPv6 connection.

You need an IPv4 static IP address only if you build an IPv6 over IPv4
tunnel.

Best Regards,

Nicolas DEFFAYET

FNIX6: http://www.fnix6.net/