Subject: RE: Atlanta IETF IPv6 Agenda Planning

From: "Michel Py" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 07:48:38 -0800

Bob,

> The IPv6 working group has two session at the Atlanta
> IETF meeting.  They are:

It has been mentioned on the mailing list that the wording "site-local"
could be replaced by something more appropriate. This is no light task,
as just inventorying the number of documents that would require
modification would take time.

Maybe we could have a quick, feel-the-temperature floor vote about
undertaking this task and then push back to the ML the choice of the
replacement name if deemed appropriate. Would not take much time.

Michel.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Keith Moore <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 15:19:35 -0500

I'd far rather we spend that time finding ways to minimize the harm 
done by site-locals.   Changing their name will not help much, IMHO.

> replacement name if deemed appropriate.