Subject: RE: Proposed IPv6 W.G. Charter Update

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 23:26:30 +0200

Hi Bob,

> Attached is a proposed update to the IPv6 working group 
> charter.  This will 
> be discussed at the IPv6 session tonight at IETF55 and on the 
> mailing list.

From the charter:

  Apr 03  Submit IPv6 Node Requirements to IESG for Informational. 

The Host Requirements document is standards track, so I guess the 
IPv6 Note Requirements should be standards track.

John

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Thomas Narten <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 06:33:43 -0500

> IPv6 Note Requirements should be standards track.

Not sure the logic works in this case. The HR doc includes
changes/updates to individual specs. I.e., it fixes things within
various specs that need fixing. In the case of this document, it's not
updating any of the the specs.

Another factor. What would it mean for the node requirements document
to advance on the standards track? What would the interoperability
report contain?

Info/BCP would seem more appropriate. BCP might be OK and would
provide the stronger label.

Thomas