Subject: RE: question regarding possible use of SLs in renumbering

From: "Michel Py" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 14:58:28 -0800

>>> Keith Moore wrote:
>>> using SLs in this way would break applications. we need
>>> to discourage this.
 
>> What do you mean by "would break applications"? what is
>> being broken? End-to-end is preserved, there is no NAT
>> nor ALGs, what's your problem here?

> We've been discussing this set of problems for several
> days now. If you've missed it, I suggest you review the
> archives.

Since you don't answer the question, I'll answer it myself. Site-locals
without NAT do not break applications.

Michel.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Keith Moore <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2002 18:04:00 -0500

> without NAT do not break applications.

tell you what.  I'll set up a cron job to keep forwarding the same
messages to you over and over again until you get a clue.
but I won't cc the list.

Keith

---

From: Kurt Erik Lindqvist <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 14:47:09 +0100

> without NAT do not break applications.

A comment that might have be said in mail volumes...(I am slowly 
loosing track..)

I can see a condition where site-locals do not break applications. If 
the source address selection algorithm is set to always use a SL 
address if one is present and then ignore all globals.

- kurtis -