Subject: Feedback requested on GUSL proposal

From: "Michel Py" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 19:33:03 -0800

IPv6 folk,

I just posted some crude text for a GUSL proposal (I don't call this a
draft yet. Note the small difference between "crud" and "crude" :-).

What you do not need to mention:
--------------------------------
- It is crude.
- It needs to be fluffed out.
- There is no boilerplate.
- It does not solve _all_ the issues with site-locals.

What I would like you to comment on:
------------------------------------
- There is no specifics about the hash/random algorithm. I do not think
that we need to specify any as long as the vendor/implementer makes sure
that there is a good enough seed/whatever-is-necessary to guarantee the
lowest level of collisions.

What I forgot:
--------------
Whatever the method used, the site is assigned a /48.

Michel.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------