Subject: TCP MD5

From: christophe preguica <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2002 12:00:31 +0100

Does anyone know if TCP MD5 signature option (RFC 2385) used for MP-BGP
is
applicable for IPv6 ?

Thanks.

RFC 2385 Protection of BGP Sessions via the TCP MD5 Signature Option

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Francis Dupont <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2002 14:57:30 +0100

In your previous mail you wrote:

   is applicable for IPv6 ?

=> it should because RFC 2385 uses the pseudo-header (defined for each
TCP over foo) for the network layer part... IMHO IPsec is far better
but RFC 2385 is applicable if you don't have IPsec.
   
Regards

[email-masked]

PS: of course you should have IPsec if you have IPv6 (:-)!

---

From: christophe preguica <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2002 10:58:25 +0100

Thanks for your answer, I agree that IPsec should be prefered.

Kind regards.