Subject: RE: Retail IPv6 Service in the US?

From: "Bound, Jim" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 00:50:29 -0500

James,

I would contact NTT in San Jose and what is called the PAIX. Both have
IPv6 offerings but I am not sure what the deal is at all.

Now that ISP have commerical grade IPv6 products from many vendors this
will change.  The providers needed second release IPv6 commerical
product releases and now some are even shipping their 3rd commerical
product release of IPv6.

Bob is correct.  I just about have my ISP in NH to give me IPv6.  They
have tested it pretty well.

What we need is netgear and linksys to get on board and some of us in
deployment land are bugging folks like that now.

/jim
[What light is to the eyes, what air is to the lungs, what love is to
the heart, liberty is to the soul]

> -----Original Message-----
> From: James Kempf [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> Sent: Wednesday, December 11, 2002 1:21 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Retail IPv6 Service in the US?
> 
> 
> I'm in the process of upgrading my home computing 
> infrastructure in order to be able to use IPv6. Does anybody 
> know a retail ISP in the US that provides IPv6 service 
> (specifically, in the SF Bay Area)?
> 
> I did a quick Google search and all the offerings seem to be 
> for backbone service.
> 
>             jak
> 
> --------------------------------------------------------------------
> IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
> IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
> FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
> Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
> --------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> 

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Bill Manning <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 03:50:16 -0800 (PST)

% What we need is netgear and linksys to get on board and some of us in
% deployment land are bugging folks like that now.

Jim, 
	what is the issue here?  I have both linksys and netgear 
	kit in the home network and both pass native IPv6.  granted
	not all their kit works w/ IPv6.

--bill

Opinions expressed may not even be mine by the time you read them, and
certainly don't reflect those of any other entity (legal or otherwise).
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------