Subject: Internet draft on EUIs and site locals

From: Andrew White <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 12:28:53 +1100

At the same time as Bob was writing  
draft-hinden-ipv6-global-site-local-00.txt

Aidan and I were also working on a draft to summarise our ideas.  This is
now available as
  draft-white-auto-subnet-00.txt

Having seen both side by side, Bob's is probably the cleaner, although we
offer a different perspective and commentary on some points.  The main
difference is moving some of the free bits from the 'area' field (high bits
above the EUI) to a sub-id field below the EUI, to allow a router to use a
single EUI-48 to service multiple interfaces or links.

-- 
Andrew White                [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------