Subject: Re:

From: "aridaman kaushik" <[email-masked]>
Date: 13 Dec 2002 12:58:11 -0000

Hi all,
     I am novice to Ipv6. I have doubts regarding tunnelling.

1. What is meaning of enabling/disabling of tunneling. Is it means 
ceartion and deletion of tunnels.

regards
ari.

________________________________________________________________
  NIIT supports World Computer Literacy Day on 2nd December.
  Enroll for NIIT SWIFT Jyoti till 2nd December for only Rs. 749
  and get free Indian Languages Office software worth Rs. 2500.
  For details contact your nearest NIIT centre, SWIFT Point
  or click here http://swift.rediff.com/

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 08:52:49 -0500

Hi Ari,

>ceartion and deletion of tunnels.

I am not sure of the context in which you are asking the
question...

Tunneling is usually implemented so that the tunnel appears to be
an interface, from the perspective of the stack.  So, the tunneling
interface could be administratively enabled or disabled.

Some implementations may also offer you the option of whether to
enable or disable the tunneling feature at compile time, or through
system configuration.

If you can provide more context for your question, I may be
able to provide a more complete answer.

Margaret