Subject: Revision of DHCPv6 DNS configuration options

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 12:49:52 -0500

I've revised "DNS Configuration options for DHCPv6" <to be published as 
draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6 opt-dnsconfig-03.txt> based on input received during 
the WG last call.  Here is the summary of changes to the document:

Changes from draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-opt-dnsconfig-02.txt

    This document includes the following changes in response to comments
    made during the dhc/dnsext WG last call:

    o  Combined RFC2119 reference and reference to DHCPv6 specification
       into one "Terminology" section; added explicit normative reference
       to DHCPv6 specification.

    o  Changed name of "Domain Name Server" option to "DNS Resolver"
       option.

    o  Clarified and corrected filed names and descriptions of fields in
       the option format diagrams.

    o  Reworded "Appearance of these options" for clarity; removed
       Confirm from list of messages in which the options can appear.

    o  Clarified the type of attack that can be mounted through the
       Domain Search List option by copying text from RFC3997

As these changes are editorial or clarifying, draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6 
opt-dnsconfig-03.txt is ready for IESG review as a Proposed Standard.

- Ralph

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------