Subject: Follow up to IAB response to Robert Elz's Appeal

From: Bob Hinden & Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 09:52:37 -0800

Thomas, Erik,

The chairs belive that based on the email on the mailing list there is a 
consensus in the IPv6 working group to publish the IPv6 Addressing 
Architecture (draft-ietf-ipngwg-addr-arch-v3-11.txt) as a Proposed Standard 
as recommended below.

Bob Hinden and Margaret Wasserman
IPv6 working group chairs

>Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 16:01:09 -0800
>To: [email-masked]
>From: Bob Hinden <[email-masked]>
>Subject: Follow up to IAB response to Robert Elz's Appeal
>Sender: [email-masked]
>
>The IAB has responded to an appeal from Robert Elz of the IESG decision
>to approve the IPv6 Addressing Architecture 
>(draft-ietf-ipngwg-addr-arch-v3-11.txt) by indicating that the document 
>should not be published as a Draft Standard [1].  Given that the revised 
>document is a significant improvement over RFC 2473, and that RFC2473 is 
>badly out of date, we believe it is desirable to go ahead and publish the 
>document as a Proposed Standard at this time ASAP in order to get a 
>replacement to RFC2473 out.
>
>In parallel, it would be appropriate to discuss the details of the IAB 
>response and how the WG wishes to respond to the IAB 
>recommendations.  Note that approving the document as PS at this time does 
>not imply that the WG agrees with all of the IAB's recommendations nor 
>does it preclude any particular follow-on action by the WG or 
>IESG.  However, approval at PS is something that can be done relatively 
>quickly.
>
>Does this approach make sense to the WG?
>
>Bob Hinden, Margaret Wasserman; IPv6 Chairs
>Thomas Narten, Erik Nordmark; Internet ADs
>
>[1] IAB, "Re: Appeal against IESG decision",
>http://www.iab.org/Appeals/kre-ipng-address-arch-draft-standard-response.html
>--------------------------------------------------------------------
>IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
>IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
>FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
>Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
>--------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------