Subject: Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipv6-unicast-aggr-v2-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2003 21:31:35 +0900

>3.0 IANA Considerations
>
>   The following prefix is reserved for use in documentation and MUST
>   NOT be assigned to any operational IPv6 nodes:
>
>      2000:0001::/32
>
>==> I do not understand why this reservation has been made; I see zero 
>technical reason for it -- and it would prevent the use of the full 
>2000::/16 for something else.
>
>I'd rather reserve a documentation prefix somewhere else, and in some 
>other, _separate_ internet-draft.

	there have been multiple attempts made to reserve address space for
	documentation, including:

	draft-itojun-ipv6-local-experiment-00.txt
	draft-itojun-ipv6-local-experiment-01.txt
	draft-blanchet-ngtrans-exampleaddr-00.txt
	draft-blanchet-ngtrans-exampleaddr-01.txt

	i dunno why the attempt is suddenly revisited out of blue.  this has
	to be discussed in a separate internet draft (i agree with Pekka), on:
	- validity of the address reservation itself
	- what address should we use?
	- for what purpose? (no more private address, please)

itojun
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------