Subject: Results from interoperability testing of DHCPv6

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 11:13:32 -0500

We did some interoperability testing of independent DHCPv6 implementations 
at the recent TAHI interoperability testing event.  I've published a list 
of issues, draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-interop-00.txt, identified through the 
interoperability testing.

The DHCPv6 specification has been accepted as a Proposed Standard, but has 
not yet been published as an RFC. To improve the text in the spec based on 
our experience with the interoperability testing, I will make the editorial 
clarifications listed as "resolution" in 
draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-interop-00.txt prior to publication of the DHCPv6 RFC.

Please review draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-interop-00.txt and respond with any 
comments to the dhcwg mailing list.

- Ralph

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉 <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2003 02:19:09 +0900

>>>>> On Fri, 28 Feb 2003 11:13:32 -0500, 
>>>>> Ralph Droms <[email-masked]> said:

> We did some interoperability testing thof independent DHCPv6 implementations 

> comments to the dhcwg mailing list.

For the record, I fully support the action; I support the DHCPv6 spec
to be published, and I belive it would be great if the published
version of the DHCPv6 spec contains the clarifications described in
the dhcpv6-interop draft.

(Since I happened to have a chance to review the clarification draft
beforehand, I don't have further comments on it.)

					JINMEI, Tatuya
					Communication Platform Lab.
					Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.
					[email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------