Subject: WG last call on draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-opt-dnsconfig-02.txt

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 10:27:05 -0500

This message announces a WG last call on "IPv6 Prefix Options for DHCPv6" 
<draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-opt-prefix-delegation-02.txt>.  The last call will 
conclude on Friday, 2/28.

Note that this is a parallel WG last call in the dhc, and ipv6 WGs.

draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-opt-prefix-delegation-02.txt describes new DHCPv6 
options and a mechanism through which a "delegating router" (e.g., an ISP 
aggregation device) can assign and delegate one or more prefixes to a 
"requesting router" (e.g., CPE).  This draft is available as 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-opt-prefix-delegation-02.txt

- Ralph Droms

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 18:09:37 +0200

Hi all!

Even though I find standardizing "stateless DNS discovery" in the IPv6 wg very important, I find this DHCPv6 option useful. So I also support moving it forward.

 Juha Wiljakka