Subject: Flexible address policy on 2000::/3?

From: "Mario Goebbels" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 13:52:18 +0100

Does this imply that the 13bit TLA of the initial addressing scheme is
scrapped too?

Thanks for any info.

-mg

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 15:01:41 +0100

> Does this imply that the 13bit TLA of the initial addressing scheme is

Yes. See http://www.ripe.net/ripe/docs/ipv6policy.html

   Brian

---

From: "Mario Goebbels" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 20:10:51 +0100

> Yes. See http://www.ripe.net/ripe/docs/ipv6policy.html

So the addressing structure/hierarchy is completely in the hands of the
IANA and subsequent registries? Is this even a good idea regarding the
routing (tables)?

Thanks for any info.

-mg