Subject: RE: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipv6-unicast-aggr-v2-01.txt

From: "Michel Py" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 11:11:29 -0800

I say, ship it. If the RFC number could be consecutive to the one to be
assigned to draft-ietf-ipngwg-addr-arch-v3-11.txt same as 2373/2374 it
would be nice if it does not delay the process.

Although the suppression of the documentation prefix is a worthy
trade-off for speed of publication, it does not suppress the need for a
documentation prefix RFC IMHO, even if some RIRs have or will allocate
one on their own. As many other people, I was not aware of the APNIC
prefix, and did like 2000:0001::/32 as it is something that my feeble
brain can remember.

Michel.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Pekka Savola <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 22:22:52 +0200 (EET)

On Thu, 6 Feb 2003, Michel Py wrote:
> I say, ship it. 

Agree.

> If the RFC number could be consecutive to the one to be

Surely it can, as this one cannot be published before
draft-ietf-ipngwg-addr-arch-v3-11.txt is published.
 
> one on their own. 

Agree.

> As many other people, I was not aware of the APNIC

Agree.

-- 
Pekka Savola                 "You each name yourselves king, yet the
Netcore Oy                    kingdom bleeds."
Systems. Networks. Security. -- George R.R. Martin: A Clash of Kings

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2003 13:23:12 +0100

> On Thu, 6 Feb 2003, Michel Py wrote:

I say, WG Last Call it right away, so that it can be with the IESG
before the IETF.

   Brian

---

From: Bob Hinden <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2003 09:52:11 -0800

I have made a request (as the author) to the other co-chair to start a w.g. 
last call.

Bob