Subject: DNS and ipv6

From: Gwenael Dewit <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 11:56:37 +0100

Hello!

I am a french student working in an engineering school. My project is to 
migrate the network of my school in ipv6.

My problem is when the router use autoconfiguration, I want to update my 
DNS... How could I do that ??

i thought about 2 solutions:
- The router send message to my DNS to alert him that a new computer has a 
new ipv6 address. ( i m not sure that my cisco 3640 router can do that )
- use a DHCP to configure computers and update DNS, thus i would have to stop 
the process of autoconfiguration of my router... but is it possible to stop 
it???

Thanks for help!!!!

Best regards.

Gwenaël Dewit

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Francis Dupont <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2003 13:31:44 +0100

In your previous mail you wrote:

   
   
=> a draft currently discussed in the DNSEXT WG mailing list proposes
a solution: draft-ietf-dnsext-ipv6-name-auto-reg-00.txt

Regards

[email-masked]