Subject: RE: C000

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 17:32:18 +0300

Brian E Carpenter wrote:
> Assume that we consider stable, probably unique,
> unrouteable prefixes important enough to get their own 3-bit

Unique prefixes can be made routable by injecting them into the routing tables. Maybe current users of private address spaces actually *want* ambiguous prefixes, since that makes them unroutable (harder to set up VPNs where you should not, etc.)??

	Jarno

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 11:16:21 +0200

> Unique prefixes can be made routable by injecting them into the routing tables. Maybe current users of private address spaces actually *want* ambiguous prefixes, since that makes them unroutable (h…

So we should provide a loaded gun automatically aimed at the
feet of such people?

   Brian