Subject: RE: Consensus on what? RE: CONSENSUS CALL: Deprecating Site-Local Addressing

From: "Michel Py" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 07:58:17 -0800

> Brian E Carpenter wrote:
> What I raised my hand for in San Francisco was to
> deprecate SL addresses as currently defined in
> draft-ietf-ipngwg-addr-arch-v3-11.txt (and in RFC 2373).

This has never been stated and you can expect appeals all the way to the
supreme court and I'll be supporting them. This is not an editorial
change but a significant architectural change.

I am tired of last-minute attempts to pull documents that have been
approved for publication. Brian, I have the greatest respect for you but
this is not to your credit.

Michel.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2003 15:11:19 +0200

I didn't mean we should pull the current draft, which is already
in the RFC queue. Obviously, if we get consensus on the
principle, there is then follow up to respect the process.
I didn't think that my words implied otherwise; I just want to take
one step at a time.

   Brian