Subject: ipng list Received: headers?

From: Tim Chown <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 21:47:40 +0100

A bit off topic, but why do the ipng list messages go through so many
hops inside Sun?  Seems rather bizarre.

Tim
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Alain Durand <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2003 15:03:22 -0700

> hops inside Sun?  Seems rather bizarre.

Our IT people recently introduced anti-spam filters that causes
several extra hops. We are working with them to reduce that
number of extra hops.

	- Alain.

---

From: Tim Chown <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 07:59:04 +0100

> several extra hops. We are working with them to reduce that

OK, but why so many hops?  We developed www.mailscannner.info here - open 
source, handles spam and virii.  Ought to be one extra hop :)

Tim

---

From: Ronald van der Pol <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 12:26:42 +0200

> several extra hops. We are working with them to reduce that

And while you are working on the email setup, could you also look
at IPv6 transport support (both incoming and outgoing)? I would
appreciate that very much.

	rvdp

---

From: Alain Durand <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 11:01:28 -0700

As of this morning, our IT folks short-circuited
the anti-spam filters for the mailing lists hosted
on sunroof: mobile-ip, ngtrans & ipng.

Thoses filters were the cause for the extra
'Received:' headers.

The lists should operate more smoothly now.

- Alain.