Subject: RE: exclusive model [RE: site-locals]

From: "Michel Py" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 09:45:06 -0800

> Pekka Savola wrote:
> Exclusive model creates certain very disturbing problems in
> hosts (wrt. oscillation between global and site-local) which
> might be fixable, and ones even more so in the routers
> (requiring quite extensive site-local implementation) which
> is unlikely to go away.

Maybe, and your point is?

Every model has issues. We are not talking about creating a model that
does not have any, we are talking about picking the model that the fewer
or most manageable issues.

What this WG is experiencing is the multi6 syndrome: there is no
satisfying solution and it's caught in a loop trying to find one.

Michel.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------