Subject: Consensus on what? RE: CONSENSUS CALL: Deprecating Site-Local Addressing

From: "Michel Py" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 14:21:29 -0800

Margaret / Bob,

What is this consensus about? I was hoping that the mailing list would
be asked to express their opinions _after_ a text to deprecate
site-local addressing had been submitted to the working group. In the
current situation, this consensus if there is one would be good only to
accept text as a working document. This document that still has to be
seen then should go to WG last call.

Where is the doc to deprecate site-local addressing?

Michel.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 10:03:46 +0200

What I raised my hand for in San Francisco was to deprecate SL
addresses as currently defined in draft-ietf-ipngwg-addr-arch-v3-11.txt
(and in RFC 2373).

I don't find this question ambiguous. It's true that we would
have to revise the addressing architecture again as a result
(probably simply by removing all reference to SL and reserving
FEC0::/10), but that is editorial work.

   Brian