Subject: RFC2401 and RFC2473

From: Peter Grubmair <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 17:23:38 +0200

Hello,
I have question concerning the neccessity to support IPv6 over IPv6 
tunneling (RFC2473)
RFC2473 does not state that it it mandatory for an IPv6 host to support it,
but RFC2401 (IPSec architecture framework) states it is mandatory to 
support RFC2401 in IPv6,
and lateron it tells me that both tramsport mode and tunnel mode have to 
be supported by a host.
Does this mean that RFC2473 is mandatory in IPv6 ?
Thanks in advance,
 Peter Grubmair

PS: If you feel that this question is not appropiate for this mailing-list,
please give information about the one which is better suited.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------