Subject: RE: C000

From: "Michel Py" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 09:45:15 -0700

Charlie,

>> Charlie Perkins wrote:
>> Got me there.  But it's the exception that proves the rule,
>> because applications using link-local are in fact special-built
>> to do so.

> Ole Troan
> are they? so the solving the "dentist's office" problem is no
> longer on the agenda. that's news to me.
> every application must work with link-local addresses.

I was about to make the same comment than Ole. What about two PCs
connected with a cross-over cable? No router no hub no switch no
nothing. No global address, no site-local address. I expect these two
PCs to be able to participate in a peer-to-peer network, what else than
link-locals would be used then?

Michel.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------