Subject: FW: [DNA] IETF 59 Session [IPv6 DAD Optimization Goals and Requirements]

From: "S. Daniel Park" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 13:18:26 +0900

Below is a DNA WG agenda at 59th IETF and DAD Optimization will be 
discussed as indicated in this agenda.  For this work, a draft was
proposed
in the DNA BoF (before) as below;
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-park-dna-ipv6dadopt-requiremen
t-02.txt

Is there anyone agreedable to help with the work ?

Regards

Daniel

>Detecting Network Attachment WG (dna)

>Tuesday, March 2 at 1415-1515
=============================

>CHAIRS: Greg Daley ([email-masked])
>         Pekka Nikander ([email-masked])

>AGENDA:

>   5 min  Agenda bashing                  Chairs
>   5 min  WG status                       Chairs
>          - chartering
>          - editors
>          - review group
>  10 min  Draft status - overall          Chairs
>          - DAD optimization work at IPv6
>          - adopting drafts as WG items

---

From: Pekka Nikander <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 08:57:53 +0200

Daniel,

> discussed as indicated in this agenda. 

The intention is mostly to inform people that the work is
continuing, but that it will be transferred to the IPv6 WG.

> For this work, a draft was proposed
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-park-dna-ipv6dadopt- 
> requirement-02.txt
>

I'd be glad to introduce you to Bob Hinden (if you don't know
each other already).  Basically, Bob would very much like to get
rid of DAD altogether.  Hence, IMHO your work on requirements
and the work on optimistic DAD will probably get quite favourable
attention from him.  However, note that it will still take some
time before IPv6 WG gets rechartered and before DAD optimisation
will get to the charter.  In the meanwhile, it is good to continue
with the individual drafts, and trying to solicit feedback from
various people.

I'll try to read and comment your draft on my way to Seoul.
Unfortunately I'm too busy to do it earlier.

--Pekka

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------