Subject: [psg.com #247] [2461bis issue 247] On-link assumption harmful for dual stack nodes

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 02:42:45 +0000

Issue: 

On-link assumptions in 2461 considered harmful. 
         This issue was raised by Alain and documented in:
         draft-ietf-v6ops-onlinkassumption-00.txt
         draft-ietf-v6ops-v6onbydefault-00.txt
Also see related issue in section 2.4 of:
http://www.ctie.monash.edu.au/ipv6/draft-jinchoi-ipv6-cRA-00.txt

Suggestion:

Remove on-link assumption from section 5.2. 
This sentence was removed from section 5.2.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 02:42:45 +0000

Issue: 

Suggestion:

---

From: Pekka Savola <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 15:46:45 +0200 (EET)

Note:

I think you should also point to, using informational reference, to 
draft-ietf-v6ops-onlinkassumption-00.txt, in the appropriate place in 
"CHANGES FROM RFC 2461" -- to give some more background to this.

-- 
Pekka Savola                 "You each name yourselves king, yet the
Netcore Oy                    kingdom bleeds."
Systems. Networks. Security. -- George R.R. Martin: A Clash of Kings