Subject: additional agenda item

From: JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉 <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 10:12:41 +0900

According to the agenda shown at
http://www.ietf.org/ietf/04mar/ipv6.txt, we will be able to have a few
more items.  If this is the case, may I ask for a short slot about an
API extension to get a list of IPv6 addresses (as well as other AF
addresses) on a node?  This was discussed in the wg list early
February and I just made a delayed response. (the subject is
"SIOCGIFaaa ioctls and IPv6 interfaces").

I don't have a draft on this, and this may not be suitable for this wg
(or even for the IETF), but some people seem to be interested in this
topic, I want to have a chance to see if this is worth discussing in
this group.

If acceptable, I think a five minute slot is enough.

Thanks,

					JINMEI, Tatuya
					Communication Platform Lab.
					Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.
					[email-masked]

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Erik Nordmark <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 18:24:33 -0800 (PST)

It would be good to ask (e.g. on the appsarea list - [email-masked]
I think) if there are applications that need other configuration information
than the list of interfaces/ifindicies (which we already have) and
a list of all IP address (which is what you are proposing).

Is that all we need to add to avoid having applications use SIOCGIF
ioctls?

  Erik