Subject: [rfc2462bis] still open issues

From: JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉 <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 01:26:09 +0900

Sorry for bothering you all by the bunch of messages.  This is the
last one for now. (I'm afraid I'll be the "winner" of this week:-)

The followings are the issues for rfc2462bis that are still open.
I don't have particular proposals for them right now (particularly for
the last two), and I'm afraid I won't be able to propose resolutions
in the next revision of the draft.  I noticed that there were
discussions in the ML for (some of) the issues, which I've not
completely caught up.

Anyway, if you have particular opinions on some of them, please speak
up by making a separate thread.  If you could start the discussion
with summarizing past discussions (if any), it would be great.

Thanks,

					JINMEI, Tatuya
					Communication Platform Lab.
					Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.
					[email-masked]

ID
275   Many DAD related issues have been discussed, including if it is
      okay to omit DAD in some environments or if DAD can be replaced
      with DIID (duplicate interface ID detection).

277   The semantics of the M/O flags is not very clear.

281   It is not very clear if this document always require a 64-bit
      Interface ID.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------