Subject: a new revision of the scoping-arch draft

From: JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉 <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 01:03:33 +0900

As you may have noticed, a new revision of
draft-ietf-ipv6-scoping-arch is now available.

Major changes in this revision, which are basically responses to the
comments for the wg last call, are as follows:

- specified that zone ID zero SHOULD be reserved for the default zone.

- referred to section 6 when explaining the interpretation of the
  <zone id> part of the % notation. (to explain when zone ID contains
  the information of scope)

- clarified that the beyond-scope ICMP error is only sent against
  unicast packets.

- changed the reference for ICMPv6 from an I-D to the old RFC to
  resolve the dependency issue.  added a note about this accordingly.

- removed the notion of subnet-local (multicast scope) according to
  the latest base address architecture.

- revised the last sentence of section 5 to make it clear that an
  interface belongs to a scope zone regardless of what kind of unicast
  address the interface has or of which multicast groups the node
  joins on the interface.

- removed the EBGP peering example from Section 11.4.

- used multicast "group" instead of "prefix".

- referred to draft-ietf-ipv6-deprecate-site-local-02.txt

- added a contributors section and re-organized the author list to
  meet the guideline from the RFC editor.

- moved RFC 3493 to informative reference, and added a reference to
  the scope API I-D (expired, though).  noted the API support is a
  future extension.

I believe I've addressed all the issues raised so far in this
revision, and the document is now ready to be sent to the IESG.

If I miss something, please let me know.

Thanks,

					JINMEI, Tatuya
					Communication Platform Lab.
					Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.
					[email-masked]

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------