Subject: Revising PMTUD for IPv6 to DS?

From: Pekka Savola <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 00:23:22 +0300 (EEST)

Hi,

If draft-ietf-v6ops-mech-v2-02.txt was recycled to Draft Standard, 
there would be a block as it depends of Path MTU Discovery for IPv6, 
which is Proposed Standard.  (FWIW, PMTUD for v4 is DS.)

Are there any plans to revise PMTUD for v6?  Arguably, the mechanism 
could be better, but there are plenty of implementations out there, so 
moving it to DS would seem justified.

It would seem to make sense to work on this as PMTUD is integral to
the operation of v6 as there is no on-the-fly fragmentation.

-- 
Pekka Savola                 "You each name yourselves king, yet the
Netcore Oy                    kingdom bleeds."
Systems. Networks. Security. -- George R.R. Martin: A Clash of Kings

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------