Subject: [rfc2461bis] Mixed host/router behaviour

From: "Soliman Hesham" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 02:59:18 -0400

Issue description:

RFC 2461 is not clear on whether it is possible for 
a node to act as a router on one or more interfaces 
and a host on other interface(s). The distinction
between the two functions is not clearly done on
a per interface basis. 

Suggestion: We need to explicitly state that the 
distinction between acting as a host or router 
is configurable for each interface. 

The following text is included in section 6.2.1 of the 
current draft:

For each multicast interface:

   IsRouter       A flag indicating whether routing is enabled on 
                  this interface. Enabling routing on the interface 
                  would imply that a router can forward packets 
                  to or from the interface.  

If there are no objections I'll close this issue.

Hesham

===========================================================
This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use
 of the intended recipient.  Any review or distribution by others is strictly
 prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient please contact the sender
 and delete all copies.
===========================================================

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------