Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-daley-ipv6-preempt-nd-00.txt

From: Greg Daley <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 10:58:29 +1000

I'm forwarding an announcement for an
individual submission I've made

Greg
------------------
A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Preempting IPv6 Neighbour Discovery
	Author(s)	: G. Daley
	Filename	: draft-daley-ipv6-preempt-nd-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 2004-6-17
	
In certain circumstances, a host knows that it will be receiving data
    at an IP address for which its neighbours have no neighbour cache
    entry.

    Where the expected packets are required to be received promptly, or
    there is significant chance of packet loss in a neighbour discovery
    exchange from the peer to the host, it may be advantageous to install
    a neighbour cache entry on the peer before it is required.  This
    document proposes a mechanism whereby hosts can choose to
    preemptively populate their peer's neighbour cache to forestall later
    neighbour discovery exchanges.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-daley-ipv6-preempt-nd-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-daley-ipv6-preempt-nd-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-daley-ipv6-preempt-nd-00.txt".
	
NOTE: 
The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------