Subject: [psg.com #249] Clarify usage of M & O wrt DHCPv6

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 07:15:46 +0000

The following text will be in the new revision of 
the draft. 

   M              1-bit "Managed address configuration" flag.  When
                  set, it indicates that Dynamic Host Configuration  
                  Protocol [DHCPv6] is available for address 
                  configuration in addition to any addresses 
                  autoconfigured using stateless address 
                  autoconfiguration.  The use of this flag is 
                  further described in [ADDRCONF].

   O              1-bit "Other stateful configuration" flag.  When
                  set, it incidcates that [DHCPv6-lite] is available 
                  for autoconfiguration of other (non-address) 
                  information. Examples of such information are DNS-
                  related information or information on other servers 
                  within the network. The use of this flag for add is 
                  further described in [ADDRCONF].

This issue is now resolved. 

Hesham

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 07:15:46 +0000

Hesham

---

From: Tim Chown <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 09:08:28 +0100

>                   set, it incidcates that [DHCPv6-lite] is available 

incidcates -> indicates

> This issue is now resolved. 

Tim