Subject: Re: IPv6 WG Document Status

From: Dan Lanciani <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 14:54:28 -0500 (EST)

Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]> wrote:

|The ULA document (draft-ietf-ipv6-unique-local-addr-07.txt) also had 
|several IESG discuss comments (from Steve Bellovin, Bill Fenner, Ted 
|Hardie and Alex Zinin).  The document was updated (on 25-Oct) to 
|address the most straightforward of those comments, but none of the 
|ADs have indicated that their issues are fully addressed yet (by 
|clearing their discuss).  I may need to review the changes and ask 
|specific ADs to clear their discusses, but I haven't done that yet. 
|It will definitely take at least one more round of updates to address 
|all of the AD concerns with this document, though, and discussion is 
|ongoing between various ADs and authors about this.  Also, there is 
|an ongoing discussion of this document in ARIN that may need  to be 
|considered if/when it converges on a specific recommendation.

Is this ARIN discussion archived somewhere?

				Dan Lanciani
				ddl@danlan.*com

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 15:22:49 -0500

>Is this ARIN discussion archived somewhere?

The discussion I've seen happened on a mailing list archived at:

http://www.arin.net/mailing_lists/ppml/index.html

I'm not on the list, and the archives seem to end shortly after this 
discussion was started on October 28th.  So, perhaps this issue is 
now being discussed in another forum.

Margaret