Subject: ICMPv6 draft: Source Address Determination

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 10:53:06 -0600

Hi All,

As discussed in the IPv6 WG meeting yesterday, I am planning to 
replace sub-sections (b), (c) and (d) of section 2.2 in the 
draft with the following text:

=======================================
(b) If the message is a response to a message sent to any other
    address, such as
      - a multicast group address,
      - an anycast address implemented by the node, or
      - a unicast address which does not belong to the node
    the Source Address of the ICMPv6 packet MUST be a unicast 
    address belonging to the node.  The address SHOULD be chosen 
    according to the rules which would used to select the source 
    address for any other packet originated by the node, given 
    the destination address of the packet, but MAY be selected 
    in an alternative way if this would lead to a more
    informative choice of address which is reachable from the 
    destination of the ICMPv6 packet.
=======================================

Please scream asap if you see any issues with it :)

Regards
Mukesh

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------