Subject: possible Duplicate addresses in case of healing network partition s

From: Grubmair Peter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 14:31:39 +0200

In 4. Healing of Network Partitions
<draft-ietf-zeroconf-ipv4-linklocal-17.txt>
states:
Hosts on disjoint network links may configure the same IPv4 Link-
Local address. If these separate network links are later joined or
bridged together, then there may be two hosts which are now on the
same link, trying to use the same address.

To my mind this also will apply to IPv6, allthough the probility that
2 hosts will use the same address will be much smaller than in IPv4.
But in contrast to <draft-ietf-zeroconf-ipv4-linklocal-17.txt>
IPv6 ND provides no means to dedect the situation and handle it in any way.
Is this correct ?
Best regards
   Peter

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------