Subject: ICMPv6: Security Consideration Section.

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 16:29:16 -0600

Hi All,

In order to address IESG comments, I am trying to make the following
changes in the Security Consideration section and the references of
the ICMPv6 draft.

- Refer to ESPbis, AHbis instead of ESP and AH (as commented by Allison)

- Add normative reference to 2401bis. (section 6 of 2401bis describes
  the IPsec handling of the ICMP packets.)

- Replace all the text in section 5.1 with the following text
====
   ICMP protocol packet exchanges can be authenticated using the IP
   Authentication Header [IPv6-AUTH] or IP Encapsulating Security
   Payload Header [IPv6-ESP].  Confidentiality for the ICMP protocol
   packet exchanges can be achieved using IP Encapsulating Security
   Payload Header [IPv6-ESP].

   [IPv6-SEC-ARCH] describes the IPsec handling of ICMP traffic in
   detail.
====

Please let me know your comments.

Regards
Mukesh

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Brian Haberman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 18:22:01 -0500

To make the WG aware, I did chat with our AD on the issue of
referencing the PS level 2401bis document.  Given the request
to clarify the IPsec text within the spec from the IESG, it should
not be an issue for this spec to normatively reference 2401bis.

Regards,
Brian