Subject: <draft-ietf-ipv6-2461bis-02.txt>

From: Grubmair Peter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 11:18:52 +0100

On page 59, 7.2.5 is written:
->
If the Neighbor Cache entry is not in INCOMPLETE state, the receiving
   node performs the following steps:

    - It records the link-layer address in the Neighbor Cache entry.

    - If the advertisement's Solicited flag is set, the state of the
      entry is set to REACHABLE, otherwise it is set to STALE.

    - It sets the IsRouter flag in the cache entry based on the Router
      flag in the received advertisement.

    - It sends any packets queued for the neighbor awaiting address
      resolution.
<-
In version 1 of the draft the same paragraph was applied to state
INCOMPLETE.
The whole paragraph can nor refer to state not INCOMPLETE, as in such a
state
There should be no queued packets.

And the next paragraph again begins with
->
If the target's Neighbor Cache entry is in any state other than
   INCOMPLETE when the advertisement is received, the following actions
   take place:
    ...
<-

I think something went wrong here, maybe just a type with  >>not<< in state
INCOMPLETE 
Best regards
   Peter

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------