Subject: [psg.com #922] Creation of link-local addresses due dynamic link change

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 04:34:17 +0000

> Comment from Russ Housley:
> 
>   I suggest adding another event to section 5.3.  Consider an event
>   that indicates that the physical network connectivity may have
>   changed.  Such events include a carrier down/carrier sequence on
>   an Ethernet NIC, a change of SSID on an 802.11 network, or waking
>   up from a "sleep" period.

Resolution:

Revised the third bullet of the list at the beginning to Section 5.3 as
follows:

   -  The interface attaches to a link for the first time.  This
      includes the case where the attached link is dynamically changed
      due to a change of the access point of wireless networks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 04:34:17 +0000

Resolution: