Subject: [rfc2462bis] Creation of LL addresses due to dynamic link change

From: JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉<[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 17:21:25 +0900

Hello,

In your IESG comments on draft-ietf-ipv6-rfc2462bis-07.txt, you said:

> I suggest adding another event to section 5.3.  Consider an event
> that indicates that the physical network connectivity may have
> changed.  Such events include a carrier down/carrier sequence on
> an Ethernet NIC, a change of SSID on an 802.11 network, or waking
> up from a "sleep" period.

Thanks for the suggestion, I think this is a useful (and harmless)
addition.  How about the following text?

=======================================================================
5.3  Creation of Link-Local Addresses

   A node forms a link-local address whenever an interface becomes
   enabled.  An interface may become enabled after any of the following
   events:

   -  The interface is initialized at system startup time.

   -  The interface is reinitialized after a temporary interface failure
      or after being temporarily disabled by system management.

   -  The interface attaches to a link for the first time.  This
      includes the case where the attached link is dynamically changed
      due to a change of the accept point of wireless networks.

   -  The interface becomes enabled by system management after having
      been administratively disabled.
=======================================================================
(the third bullet is modified)

Thanks,

					JINMEI, Tatuya
					Communication Platform Lab.
					Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.
					[email-masked]

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 09:43:35 -0400

Looks okay to me, with one change:

    s/accept point/access point/

Russ

At 04:21 AM 4/28/2005, JINMEI Tatuya /

---

From: JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉<[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 12:34:52 +0900

>>>>> On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 09:43:35 -0400, 
>>>>> Russ Housley <[email-masked]> said:

>     s/accept point/access point/

Ah, yes, of course.  Thanks!

					JINMEI, Tatuya