Subject: loop-back surpression & duplicate address dedection

From: Grubmair Peter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 10:50:23 +0200

On page 25 of 2662bis 07 draft the difficulties for loopback and dad
are explainded.
Maybe dedection of loopbacks (of NS) could be supported by adding
a new option either as NS option or as destination header option.
This option should carry a random identifier of sufficient length.
All packets having an address assigned to the interface (or unspecified
address)
as IPv6 source address and carrying the option with the specified own
identifier would be discarded as loopbacks.
Best regards
       Peter
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉<[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 18:16:17 +0900

>>>>> On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 10:50:23 +0200, 
>>>>> Grubmair Peter <[email-masked]> said:

> identifier would be discarded as loopbacks.

(In case you're proposing something as a part rfc2462bis)

Ideas something like this have been proposed several times.  I don't
remember the conclusion of the discussion on each one of them, but, in
any event, this is clearly beyond the scope of rfc2462bis.

					JINMEI, Tatuya
					Communication Platform Lab.
					Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.
					[email-masked]