Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipv6-privacy-addrs-v2-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 15:54:26 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Version 6 Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Privacy Extensions for Stateless Address 
			  Autoconfiguration in IPv6
	Author(s)	: T. Narten, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipv6-privacy-addrs-v2-04.txt
	Pages		: 32
	Date		: 2005-5-25
	
Nodes use IPv6 stateless address autoconfiguration to generate
   addresses using a combination of locally available information and
   information advertised by routers.  Addresses are formed by combining
   network prefixes with an interface identifier.  On interfaces that
   contain embedded IEEE Identifiers, the interface identifier is
   typically derived from it.  On other interface types, the interface
   identifier is generated through other means, for example, via random
   number generation.  This document describes an extension to IPv6
   stateless address autoconfiguration for interfaces whose interface
   identifier is derived from an IEEE identifier.  Use of the extension
   causes nodes to generate global scope addresses from interface
   identifiers that change over time, even in cases where the interface
   contains an embedded IEEE identifier.  Changing the interface
   identifier (and the global scope addresses generated from it) over
   time makes it more difficult for eavesdroppers and other information
   collectors to identify when different addresses used in different
   transactions actually correspond to the same node.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipv6-privacy-addrs-v2-04.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipv6-privacy-addrs-v2-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipv6-privacy-addrs-v2-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------