Subject: draft-jabley-ipv6-rh0-is-evil-00

From: "Vishwas Manral" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 17:38:11 +0530

Hi,

I noticed the draft and saw the use of the term amplification attacks
with respect to IPv6 Type0 Routing header.

I had brought up the issue as well as used the term way back in January 2006.
http://psg.com/lists/v6ops/v6ops.2006/msg00001.html . It was later
incorporated in the "IPv6 security draft" by Elwyn/ Pekka/ Suresh. It
would be great if the attack is mentioned in the new draft too due
acknowledgements are given (if no past references of the same are
known).

Thanks,
Vishwas

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Joe Abley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 11:15:30 -0400

> acknowledgements are given (if no past references of the same are

I added a reference to the ipv6 security draft.

Joe

---

From: "Vishwas Manral" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 10:04:01 +0530

Hi Joe,

Thanks.

I had brought out this amplification attack way back in January of
2006 though without the big RED flags, that is the reason I wanted to
own up the responsibility. :))

Thanks again,
Vishwas

---

From: [email-masked] (Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino 2.0)
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 13:39:54 +0900 (JST)

> own up the responsibility. :))

	i've got a comment from IPv6 ready logo team (iirc it is sub-committee
	of IPv6 forum?) that they would have to start RFC2460 spec NON
	conformance testing wrt rthdr0.  nice!

itojun