Subject: Results from "New Consensus call on RH0 Deprecation"

From: Bob Hinden <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 13:11:10 -0700

Hi,

On August 20, 2007, the IPv6 chairs started a new consensus call on  
RH0 Deprecation.  See:

   http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ipv6/current/msg08477.html

Our goal was to make sure there continued to be a consensus for  
deprecating RH0 as specified in the draft <draft-ietf-ipv6-deprecate- 
rh0-01.txt>.

As of 2000 GMT August 27, 2007 we received 18 responses (public and  
private) to the consensus call.  Of these responses 16 were for

   1) Deprecate RH0 as specified in <draft-ietf-ipv6-deprecate- 
rh0-01.txt>

and two were for

   2) Revising the draft to restrict the usage of RH0

Based on this response to this consensus call, the chairs conclude  
that there continues to be a strong consensus for deprecating RH0.    
Later today we will send email to the ADs requesting that <draft-ietf- 
ipv6-deprecate-rh0-01.txt> be published as a Proposed Standard RFC.

We would also like to encourage anyone interested to write a draft  
for a safer routing header that could be considered by the working  
group.

Thanks,
Bob Hinden & Brian Haberman
IPv6 Chairs

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: "Vishwas Manral" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 07:13:12 +1000

Hi Bob,

I have written the draft for the same, but never gotten around to
posting it. Will do that over the week.

Thanks,
Vishwas