Subject: RH0 Security Considerations/Discussion

From: "Christopher Morrow" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 16:12:10 -0400

Is there an existing RFC/Draft discussion of RH0 pitfalls and
solutions to those pitfalls that discussses more than just the
host-based problems? Pekka has:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-savola-ipv6-rtheader-00.txt

which looks like it's mostly host-based. There doesn't look like there
is a document to address the network side of this problem, yet. Would
that be useful? Would it be useful to add that to Pekka's draft? or a
separate draft? Is this WG the proper place for that? Pekka's draft is
a v6wg, this looks like a complement to that.

I think a document like this would be useful as an educational
document for the case where RH0 is deprecated in the spec but not
available in all devices (such as in a transition or in
legacy/embedded devices). l think even if RH0 isn't deprecated this
would be useful educational material.

-Chris

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 23:20:59 +0300

I think we had some material in the v6ops security overview
draft:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-v6ops-security-overview-06#section-2.1.1 

but not in too much depth.

Jari