Subject: Christopher Taylor/Cal/Mitel is on annual leave

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 17:25:02 +0100

I will be out of the office starting  29/10/2007 and will not return until
05/11/2007.

I will not be able to check my email during this time. I will respond to
your message when I return.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Jim Jackson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 22:44:01 +0000 (GMT)

I see you are using a broken auto reply system.

It should never send replies to email for which you are not a named
recipient, like email sent to you via an email list. This can cause email
loops, and it is not good etiquette. I'm guessing it's a microsoft based
mailer product - the unix world tended to get this sort of thing fixed
over 10 years ago.

For comments on broken auto responders and why they are broken please
refer to.....

    http://www.goldmark.org/netrants/auto-resp/

Jim Jackson

---

From: Jim Jackson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 13:33:42 +0000 (GMT)

And I replied to the list when I shouldn't have done!!!
So serious apologies to all concerned for my dicourtesy.

Jim