Subject: A question about IPV6 and IPV4 prefixes

From: "Mohammad Behdadfar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 14:05:47 +0330

Dear all,
I have built a longest prefix search engine and I want to test it. However I
don't know from where to find or download a prefix database of an existing
autonomous system. would you please help me?
thank you,
M.Behdadfar
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Frank Habicht <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 13:59:28 +0300

On 11/28/2007 1:35 PM, Mohammad Behdadfar wrote:
> Dear all,
> I have built a longest prefix search engine and I want to test it.
> However I don't know from where to find or download a prefix database of
> an existing autonomous system. would you please help me?
> thank you,
> M.Behdadfar
> 
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 

for a very long list you could check
http://www.cidr-report.org/cgi-bin/as-report?as=701&view=2.0
or put other numbers instead of 701 ...

oh, that was v4 ...

for the very short lists of v6 prefixes:
http://www.cidr-report.org/v6/as2.0/ and
http://www.cidr-report.org/cgi-bin/as-report?as=AS109&view=2.0&v=6

Frank

---

From: JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉<[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 11:34:40 -0800

At Wed, 28 Nov 2007 13:59:28 +0300,

> http://www.cidr-report.org/cgi-bin/as-report?as=AS109&view=2.0&v=6

If a long list of IPv6 prefixes is necessary for testing, you might be
interested in a presentation at the IPv6 workshop at this year's
SIGCOMM:
http://www.sigcomm.org/sigcomm2007/ipv6/1569042943.pdf

He generated 250,000 prefixes based on some moderate assumption on
prefix allocation/usage policies.

					JINMEI, Tatuya
					Communication Platform Lab.
					Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.
					[email-masked]