Subject: RE: [dhcwg] Q for draft-krishnan-dhc-ndc-option-00

From: "Wes Beebee (wbeebee)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 12:44:08 -0500

If we're now going to make major changes to the core of IPv6 and combine
ND and 
DHCP at this late hour, then it would probably be a good idea to involve
all the
stakeholders in this decision - so I'm widening the audience to the IPv6
ND team
for comment.

- Wes

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Park [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, November 26, 2007 10:03 PM
To: 'DHC WG'
Subject: [dhcwg] Q for draft-krishnan-dhc-ndc-option-00

Just curious what happen if IPv6 Prefix Option and ND Prefix Information
Option are in use at the same time ?

> Neighbor Discovery Information over DHCP        S. Krishnan      15  
> minutes
>    <draft-krishnan-dhc-ndc-option-00>
>    Initial discussion for consideration as WG work item

Daniel Park [at] SAMSUNG Electronics

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Suresh Krishnan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 12:50:51 -0500

Hi Wes,
   I just want to clarify something. I am not trying to combine ND and 
DHCP. I am just trying to eliminate redundant standardization of the 
same info in two ways and redundant client implementations to process 
these.

Thanks
Suresh