Subject: RFC 5172 on Negotiation for IPv6 Datagram Compression Using IPv6 Control Protocol

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 14:10:50 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5172

        Title:      Negotiation for IPv6 Datagram Compression 
                    Using IPv6 Control Protocol 
        Author:     S. Varada, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       March 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 14646
        Obsoletes:  RFC2472

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ipv6-compression-nego-v2-02.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5172.txt

The Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP) provides a standard method of
encapsulating network-layer protocol information over
point-to-point links.  PPP also defines an extensible Link Control
Protocol, and proposes a family of Network Control Protocols
(NCPs) for establishing and configuring different network-layer
protocols.

The IPv6 Control Protocol (IPV6CP), which is an NCP for a PPP
link, allows for the negotiation of desirable parameters for an
IPv6 interface over PPP.

This document defines the IPv6 datagram compression option that
can be negotiated by a node on the link through the IPV6CP.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the IPv6 Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------