Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-6man-ipv6-subnet-model-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 08:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : IPv6 Subnet Model: the Relationship between Links and Subnet Prefixes
	Author(s)       : H. Singh, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6man-ipv6-subnet-model-02.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2008-10-06

IPv6 specifies a model of a subnet that is different than the IPv4
subnet model.  The subtlety of the differences has resulted in
incorrect implementations that do not interoperate.  This document
spells out the most important difference; that an IPv6 address isn't
automatically associated with an IPv6 on-link prefix.  This document
also invalidates (partially due to security concerns) a part of the
definition of on-link from [RFC4861].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-6man-ipv6-subnet-model-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------