Subject: [IP-Optical] Blocking dependencies for draft-ietf-ipo-impairments-04.txt

From: "Daniel O. Awduche" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 13:10:34 -0400

The IPO Impairments document (draft-ietf-ipo-impairments-04.txt)
contains 
dependencies which is blocking its progression through the RFC editor
queue. 
The dependencies relate to the following obsolete normative references:

- draft-chiu-strand-unique-olcp-01.txt

- draft-chaudhuri-ip-olxc-control

To remove the dependencies, I suggested to delete the above references,
and proposed the following replacement text concerning pertinent
citations. 
These changes do not affect the substance of the document. The editors 
(and other interested parties) should please review the proposed 
amendments and indicate whether they are acceptable (or suggest 
alternative text): 

--
Section 4.7: original text

- 1a) This is discussed in [Chaudhuri00], where it is concluded that 
advertising detailed wavelength availabilities on each link 
is not likely to scale.

Suggested replacement text:

- 1b) Advertising detailed wavelength availabilities on each link is not
likely to scale. 

---
Section 6.7: original text

- 2a) [Chaudhuri00] introduced the term "Shared Risk Link Group" (SRLG)
to 
        describe the relationship between two non-diverse links.  

Suggested replacement text:

- 2b) The term "Shared Risk Link Group" (SRLG) is used to 
        describe the relationship between two non-diverse links. 

---
On normative references:

- Remove: draft-chaudhuri-ip-olxc-control 

- Remove: draft-chiu-strand-unique-olcp-01.txt
Reference Strand01 now becomes:

[Strand01] J. Strand, A. Chiu, and R. Tkach, "Issues for Routing in
        the Optical Layer", IEEE Communications Magazine, Feb. 2001,
vol. 39 
        No. 2, pp. 81-88;

Cheers,
/Dan