Subject: [IP-Optical] Evaluation of IPO WG status and potential

From: Alex Zinin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 16:30:56 -0800

Folks-

 Approval of the IPO framework document gives us a good reason to
 evaluate the status of the WG and its potential.

 At this point there are three documents on the WG page. Below
 describes where we are on them:

  draft-ietf-ipo-impairments:
   Approved, in RFC Editor queue, pending reference resolution.
   
  draft-ietf-ipo-framework:
   Approved, will go to the RFC Editor queue
  
  draft-ietf-ipo-carrier-requirements:
   Lack of WG support, returned to the WG, considered dead

 After a short discussion with the WG chairs, we agreed that the WG
 has concluded its work on the first two documents and is highly
 unlikely to undertake any further work on the carrier requirements
 document. Given the above, as the well as the level of activity on
 the mailing list, I believe it is time to close the IPO WG.

 The authors of documents in the RFC Editor queue will still have to
 remain reachable and responsive to address any possible issues that
 may arise during the RFC editing process.
   
 If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the ADs and
 the WG chairs.

Alex Zinin
IETF Sub-IP Area co-Director

_______________________________________________
IP-Optical mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/ip-optical