Subject: [Ipoverib] IPoIB Meeting minutes

From: "bill" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 15:24:34 -0800

I didn't like the way that the minutes were mime'd - so here it is as a
simple text e-mail
 - same content, different formatting

Bill

Called to Order

Encapsulation draft status -
ADs have asked to merge the encapsulation draft and the multicast draft.
Effort is almost complete

MIB status
Lots of feedback from our MIB doctor Randy P. on the IB MIB drafts - 
Sean is currently working on getting the drafts updated against the 
feedback from Randy.  Will publish ASAP.

There was discussion on 0 basing certain Indexes - historically there 
was an adversion to using 0 as an index in a table - this is not the 
case if the objects being managed are naturally 0 based.  Will update 
TCs to reflect this.

There was a discussion about how the SMA MIB would work through things 
like the Entity MIB - is there a relationship ?

SM MIB presentation
Topspin and Sun are working on a SM MIB that will complement the SMA 
MIB.  The presentation outlines the broad tables that are in this MIB. 
There was general concensus in the room to push this as a Working Group 
item - will confirm on the list

Randy brought up an interesting issue - the objects in the SM MIB mirror

in many cased objects that are on the SMA MIB - something might want to 
be said in the Security considerations section about this.

Randy also mentioned the informational topology MIB - would it be 
interesting to sort information by topology.

Interop testing
When the IPoIB draft is published there will be a need to perform 
interop testing to get to draft Standard.  The proposal is to look at 
the Summer IBTA Plugfest as a place to perform this testing - will 
propose it to both IBTA and the WG list

There will have to be careful design of both test cases - and reporting 
the results that will not violate Plugfest NDA type agreements.

_______________________________________________
IPoverIB mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipoverib