Subject: 50th IETF - IPORPR WG Minutes

From: Albert Herrera <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 00:39:38 -0500

50th IETF - IPORPR WG Meeting Minutes
-------------------------------------

The IP Over Resilient Packet Rings working
group met 20 Mar 2001.

Albert Herrera and Frank Kastenholz chaired the
meeting. Frank Kastenholz kept the minutes.

Scott Bradner of the IESG gave a brief presentation on the
new Sub-IP area.

Albert Herrera gave a presentation on the status of the IEEE
802.17 work. Access to the IEEE documents by the IETF working
group was raised as an issue. 

Russ White gave a presentation on the framework document. A discussion
ensued on the suitability of doing ISIS and OSPF work in the context
of this working group (or at all). The working group decided that
the working group would continue to focus on the current chartered
work items.

N. Ghani presented "Synergies Between Optical and Packet Rings"
as a possible work item to add to the working group's charter.
The working group decided that this work would be better done
in the CCAMP working group and so will be taken there.

Dimitri Papadimitriou presented "Optical Rings and Hybrid Mesh
Rings on Optical Networks" as a possible work item to add to the
working group's charter. After significant discussion, the working
group decided that this work would better be done TEWG, among
others, and the work will be taken there.

Albert Herrera presented a wrapup.

The meeting adjourned.

---

From: Papadimitriou Dimitri <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 23:48:01 +0200

Albert and all,

Some in-line comments about the minutes:

They are related to the following question: when an item is moved
to antoher WG like it is the case here for the CCAMP and the TE
wouldn't be useful first to now if these WG will include those items
prior to move them ? What's the "global" consensus about this
integration since these issues were not discussed during these
meetings (not on the agenda) ?

Thanks.

- Dimitri.

> 50th IETF - IPORPR WG Meeting Minutes

- Yes but do we have already the CCAMP agreement for that purpose ?

> others, and the work will be taken there.

- Same for the TE WG

---

From: Albert Herrera <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 13:34:23 -0500

Dimitri,

Would suggest you discuss it with the corresponding
WG chairs in CCAMP and TE. They should be able to advise
you as to how it fits into their current charters.

Albert