Subject: [IPORPR] RPR and WDM

From: "Davide Careglio" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 19:14:51 +0100

Hi All,
 
I am new to RPR world and probably have not good understanding of it
yet.
I was thinking how the network will work when there are WDM capabilities
working under RPR network. How does the RPR mechanism treat the WDM
case? Each wavelength is a resilient packet ring, and, therefore, each
node has several blocks of in-transit queues and trasmitting queues (one
block for each wavelength) or, according to some planning strategy,
several disjointed rings are virtual created where some nodes by-pass
some traffic, or ?? Is there any document available which talks about
this.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Davide

_______________________________________________
IPORPR mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/iporpr