Subject: [IPORPR] Invitation to comment on IEEE 802.17 Working Group Ballot

From: "Glenn Parsons" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 11:29:29 -0500

Folks,

IEEE 802.17 is interested in receiving your comments on the IEEE working
group ballot draft of RPR.  

The deadline for comments is January 9th.  We would appreciate it if you can
forward any comments to IEEE 802.17 by this deadline as we will be meeting
to resolve the comments starting on January 13th.

The details on accessing the web page to retreive the PDF of the draft and
the ASCII MIB are in the attached message.  Details on the method for
submitting comments are also on this web page.   

If you are interested in reviewing and commenting on this draft, please send
an email to the chair of IEEE 802.17 and request the password to access the
site.  The chair's contact info is:
	Mike Takefman 
	Chair, IEEE 802.17 Working Group 
	Office: 613-254-3399 Fax: 613-254-3399 
	[email-masked]

We look forward to your comments.

Cheers,
Glenn Parsons
OAM Editor & IETF Liaison, IEEE 802.17 Working Group 

 <<[RPRWG] Announcement of opening of 802.17 WG Ballot on Draft 2.0>> 

Subject: [RPRWG] Announcement of opening of 802.17 WG Ballot on Draft 2.0
From: Mike Takefman <[email-masked]>
To: RPRWG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 11:47:39 -0500

Announcement of opening of 802.17 Working Group Ballot and Comment
Period
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear IEEE 802.17 Working Group Member:

This e-mail is to advise you of the opening of the IEEE 802.17 Working
Group 

Ballot for IEEE P802.17 (Resilient Packet Ring), Draft 2.0, otherwise
known as:

Information Technology - Telecommunications and information exchange
between
systems - Local & Metropolitan Area Networks - Specific requirements -
Resilient Packet Ring Access Method and Physical Layer Specifications

The comment period opens on Wednesday, 11 December 2002 and closes on
Thursday,
9 January 2003 at 12:00 midnight Pacific time.

THIS IS AN 802.17 ELECTRONIC BALLOT. All valid ballots (votes on the
document)
that are submitted along with comments will be counted towards approval
or
disapproval of the draft. All properly submitted comments will be
resolved
during the January 2003 Plenary meeting in Atlanta, GA. Please be sure
and
indicate your vote when submitting your comments via e-mail. Note that
Disapprove votes MUST be accompanied by one or more Technically Binding
comments, and vice versa.

A copy of this draft can be found on our password-protected website:

http://www.ieee802.org/17/member/draftballots/d2_0/

The draft is posted in Adobe "pdf" document format and can be viewed
online, 
or downloaded and printed. You will need a copy of Adobe's Acrobat
Reader
(4.0 or higher) to view or print the draft. This software is available
for
free downloading from Adobe at:
        http://www.adobe.com/prodindex/acrobat/readstep.html.
The draft prints out as 515 paper pages. It is copyrighted by the IEEE
and is
for your review and balloting purposes only. It should not be copied or
otherwise
distributed.

The ballot/comment executable with instructions is available at: 
http://www.ieee802.org/17/member/draftballots/d2_0/P802_17D2_0_CRD_Win.zip
or
http://www.ieee802.org/17/member/draftballots/d2_0/P802_17D2_0_CRD_Mac.sit
The comment executable is designed for systems capable of running
Windows
or Macintosh based programs. Please read the comment instructions
carefully.

The set of technical and technically-binding comments that were rejected
at the November 2002 Plenary meeting in Kauai is supplied in the file:
http://www.ieee802.org/17/member/draftballots/d2_0/rejectedCommentaryData.US
R

You may review the rejected comments by simply double-clicking on the
above
file (after first downloading the ballot/comment executable).

Please submit ballots and comments (using the output of your comment
executable)
electronically to Tom Alexander at:
        [email-masked].

If you should have any questions, problems or comments please contact:
        Mike Takefman
        Chair, IEEE 802.17 Working Group
        Office: 613-254-3399 Fax: 613-254-3399
        [email-masked]
 
        Tom Alexander
        Chief Editor, IEEE 802.17 Working Group
        Cell: 503-803-3534 Fax: 503-632-7621
        [email-masked]

NOTE:
 
According to the RPR Working Group ballot process, official ballots will
only
be accepted from voting members of the 802.17 Working Group. The draft
is also,
however, being circulated to those who have been participating in the
standardization process but are not members of the Working Group, in
order to
provide a wide review of the document and to solicit comments.
 
You should also be aware that Technical-Binding (TB) comments are not
required
to be tracked amongst non-Working Group members. If a TB is entered by a
person
who is not a Working Group member, and this person is not at attendance
and
readily available at the interim meeting to review the Working Group's
response, we will not obligate the editors or staff of 802.17 to track 
down the commenter and obtain the sign-off.

Best Regards,

Mike Takefman 
Chair, IEEE 802.17 Working Group 
Office: 613-254-3399 Fax: 613-254-3399 
[email-masked]

---

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 17:55:12 +0200

Glen,
 
Will you be inserting the comments coming from people who are not voting members of IEEE 802.17 in the balloting process? 
 
Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: Glenn Parsons [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, December 13, 2002 6:29 PM
To: [email-masked]'
Cc: 'Mike Takefman'; Tom Alexander
Subject: [IPORPR] Invitation to comment on IEEE 802.17 Working Group Ballot

Folks, 

IEEE 802.17 is interested in receiving your comments on the IEEE working group ballot draft of RPR.  

The deadline for comments is January 9th.  We would appreciate it if you can forward any comments to IEEE 802.17 by this deadline as we will be meeting to resolve the comments starting on January 13th.

The details on accessing the web page to retreive the PDF of the draft and the ASCII MIB are in the attached message.  Details on the method for submitting comments are also on this web page.   

If you are interested in reviewing and commenting on this draft, please send an email to the chair of IEEE 802.17 and request the password to access the site.  The chair's contact info is:

	Mike Takefman 

Cheers, 
Glenn Parsons