Subject: [Ipoverib] FW: iftype and experimental number assignments

From: "Bill Strahm" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 10:49:17 -0700

Just got a note from IANA (Thanks Michelle)

We have the following assignments for SNMP values.

Bill A,

When you update your draft can you include these values ???

Thank you

Bill Strahm
+========+=========+=========+=========+=========+=========+=========+
Bill Strahm     Software Development is a race between Programmers 
Member of the   trying to build bigger and better idiot proof software
Technical Staff and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better
[email-masked] idiots.
(503) 601-0263  So far the Universe is winning --- Rich Cook

-----Original Message-----
From: IANA [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2001 10:37 AM
To: Bill Strahm
Subject: RE: iftype and experimental number assignments

Dear Bill,

We have assigned the following with you as the 
point of contact:

ifType
199   infiniband Infiniband	     [Strahm]

experimental number
117   infinibandMIB                [Strahm]

[Strahm] Bill Strahm <[email-masked]>, April 1999, October 2001. 

See the following for your assignments listed in
the IANA Databases:

<http://www.iana.org/assignments/ianaiftype-mib>
<http://www.iana.org/assignments/smi-numbers>

Please notify the IANA if there is a change in contact
information.

Thank you,

Michelle Cotton
IANA Administrator

***************************************************************
Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA)
4676 Admiralty Way, Suite 330
Marina del Rey, California 90292

Voice: (310) 823-9358 x12
FAX:   (310) 823-8649
email: [email-masked]
***************************************************************

_______________________________________________
IPoverIB mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipoverib

---

From: "Bill Strahm" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 12:17:18 -0700

There is a form you fill out at http://www.iana.org/cgi-bin/protocol.pl ...
I believe that you have to have an Internet Draft (which may have been your
problem before).  I actually placed a call to IANA (ICANN) and talked to
someone there in person who helped out quite a bit with this.

If you want to try again from the IPoverIB WG, I will support this and do
what I can to get the number through.  Call me if you want to discuss what
we have to do, so we can plan a strategy (it may be as simple as putting in
an IANA considerations section into the next encapsulation draft and
forwarding it to [email-masked] along with the internet drafts editor)

Bill

-----Original Message-----
From: H.K. Jerry Chu [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2001 11:24 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Ipoverib] FW: iftype and experimental number assignments

It looks like IANA is more lenient on assignment numbers to iftype than
protocol-type. IBTA applied for a protocol number for IB-transport a
whole back. The request was rejected.

Jerry

>From: "Bill Strahm" <[email-masked]>
>To: <[email-masked]>
>Cc: <[email-masked]>
>Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 10:49:17 -0700
>MIME-Version: 1.0
>Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
>X-Priority: 3 (Normal)
>X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
>Importance: Normal
>X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2600.0000
>Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
>Subject: [Ipoverib] FW: iftype and experimental number assignments
>X-Mailman-Version: 1.0
>List-Id: IP over InfiniBand WG Discussion List <ipoverib.ietf.org>
>X-BeenThere: [email-masked]
>