Subject: [Ipoverib] MIB: Call for Textual Conventions for Infiniband Management

From: "Bill Strahm" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 15:17:40 -0700

To prevent people from inventing the wheel, I would like to post the
beginnings of a list of Infiniband Textual Conventions that I am planning on
using in a Connection MIB (what I used to think I would call the Channel
Adapter MIB).  These are very rough, but hopefully I can get some better
ideas.

I was hoping that Bill Anderson would take on the job of incorperating
Infiniband Textual conventions that multiple people find interesting and
useful into his IB IF document.  I would like to see other TCs that people
have been toying around with, if there is a desire (and Bill A can't put it
into his doc quickly) I will write a quick ID to contain multiple submitted
TCs ( and make all of you authors as well <G>)

IBConnectionType ::= TEXTUAL-CONVENTION
    STATUS    current
    DESCRIPTION
“Represents the type of IB connection.  While the value for Unreliable
Datagram is given, it is not expected that this value be available because
Unreliable Datagram services are not required to go through the Infiniband
Connection Manager.”
    SYNTAX    INTEGER {
                        reserved            (0),
                        unreliableDatagram  (1),
                        reliableDatagram    (2),
                        unreliableConnected (3),
                        reliableConnected   (4),
                        raw                 (5)
                      }

IBCommunicationID ::= TEXTUAL-CONVENTION
    STATUS    current
    DESCRIPTION
“The Communication ID for a given connection.  Each end of a connection is
responsible for picking a unique value for this field.”
    SYNTAX    Integer32

IBQuePairNumber ::= TEXTUAL-CONVENTION
    STATUS    current
    DESCRIPTION
“The Queue Pair Number of an IB communication endpoint.  Queue Pairs are 24
bit numbers.”
    SYNTAX    INTEGER { 0 ... 16777215 }

IBEtoEContext ::= TEXTUAL-CONVENTION
    STATUS    current
    DESCRIPTION
“The End – End Context Number of an IB communiction endpoint.  The EECN is a
24 bit number.”
    SYNTAX    INTEGER { 0 ... 16777215 }

+========+=========+=========+=========+=========+=========+=========+
Bill Strahm     Sofware Development is a race between Programmers
Member of the   trying to build bigger and better idiot proof software
Technical Staff and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better
[email-masked] idiots.
(503) 601-0263  So far the Universe is winning --- Rich Cook

_______________________________________________
IPoverIB mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipoverib