Subject: [Ipoverib] Management Design team

From: "Bill Strahm" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 09:49:45 -0700

It is time to get things rolling in the management space.

There are a few topics that need to be covered quickly by the management
design team
1) Management of the space underneath the infinibandMIB OID.  Currently the
ibif MIB has allocated 1, we will need to determine what numbers get
allocated to other MIBs
2) Creation of useful Textual Conventions that will be put into a base
document
3) Making sure that all of the management space is covered without unknown
duplicated effort.  Several people are working on (or even better have
submitted) Internet drafts, lets make sure all of the MIBs that need to be
written are being written, and possibly get some co authors on each MIB if
it is needed.

Goals for the team should include
1) A section in the IPoIB architecture document describing management.  I
believe Brian Forbes was going to work on that
2) Updated Interface MIB, SMA MIB, SM MIB, Switch MIB in time to meet cutoff
dates (a little early is Nov 9)
3) Be prepared to discuss design descisions in SLC (I have asked for an
hour)

Like the encapsulation team, I have not setup any additional reflectors.
However since we are a smaller team we can either
a) Prepend messages with MIB
b) I could send out a mail to everyone with everyones e-mail in it and we
can use that

If we go to a private mailing, we will be responsible for keeping the rest
of the list updated with periodic messages showing progress, asking for
opinions etc.

Bill Strahm
+========+=========+=========+=========+=========+=========+=========+
Bill Strahm     Software Development is a race between Programmers
Member of the   trying to build bigger and better idiot proof software
Technical Staff and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better
[email-masked] idiots.
(503) 601-0263  So far the Universe is winning --- Rich Cook

_______________________________________________
IPoverIB mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipoverib