Subject: [Ipoverib] IPv4/IPv6 interdependencies

From: "Larsen, Roy K" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 10:35:02 -0800

Given that ARP is/will be the mechanism for conveying additional transport
capabilities, does the draft need to touch on the possible interdependencies
of IPv4 and IPv6?  That is, IPv6-only fabrics that want to use transports
other than UD MUST support IPv4 or can we put this off until the other
capabilities are defined?

Roy

_______________________________________________
IPoverIB mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipoverib

---

From: Vivek Kashyap <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 11:11:31 -0800 (PST)

Roy,
        I am assuming that you are talking in terms of the draft:
        draft-kashyap-ipoib-advanced-capabilities-00.txt. 

        When using IPv6, ND is the method of conveying the additional
        capabilities. When using IPv4 it is ARP. IPv6 only fabrics
        don't have to support IPv4. I'll clarify it in the draft if it
        is not defined clearly.

Vivek

-- 
Vivek Kashyap
Linux Technology Center, IBM
[email-masked] 
[email-masked] 
503 578 3422 (o)