Subject: Re: [Ipoverib] P_Key in IPoIB

From: "H.K. Jerry Chu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 01:11:55 -0700 (PDT)

Gunna,

>In the ipoib-link-multicast draft dated 6/2002, available
>at the IETF web site, in Sec8.0/pg8, an example was given
>showing the P_Key as 8 (0x0008); i.e. the membership is
>limited. But a limited member can't accept packets from another
>limited member.
>
>Nowhere in the draft, do the authors ask for a P_Key with
>full membership; i.e. with the high order bit set to 1.
>I assume it is implied.

This is a good point. I was under the impression the high-order
bit denotes the type of membership only, and is not, strictly
speaking, part of the P_Key proper.

>
>For clarification purposes, it may be better to change
>the example and add a statement to the effect that P_Key shall
>have a full-membership.

Ok. I'll make the necessary correction/amendment. Since the
draft has been submitted and is under IESG review, the change
will be formally tracked as correction #1:

1. P_Key shall have a full-membership. Use a full-member P_Key
in the example.

Thanks,

Jerry

>
>-gunna
>_______________________________________________
>IPoverIB mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipoverib

_______________________________________________
IPoverIB mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipoverib