Subject: [Ipoverib] Chat room participation during the IETF meeting

From: "Bill Strahm" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 16:02:15 -0700

There has been a long discussion on using chat room/IM technologies to
help WG participants know what is going on during meetings remotely.
The end result is that if the WG is interested there will be made
available a jabber server, and hopefully an IRC server.

To this end the presenters at the meeting would put their slides on an
FTP server so remote participants can look at them, and the meeting
minute taker would type the meeting notes into the chat session...

The end result is remote participants might be able to ask questions
back to the WG.  Does this sound interesting to people, can I get a
scribe to volunteer early so we know who it is and they can make sure to
have the correct software (and 802.11 interface) to allow this to work,
or are people not interested.

I would prefer IRC because I understand it, the client and everything
else, worst comes to worst, I can probably setup an IRC daemon on my
machine at home for people to log into... Would people be interested in
trying out Jabber ?

Bill

_______________________________________________
IPoverIB mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipoverib