Subject: RE: [Ipoverib] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipoib-architecture-02.txt

From: "H.K. Jerry Chu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 14:57:29 -0700 (PDT)

Bill,

I have reviewed this draft and thought it looks ok. One possible issue
is that the draft includes quite a bit of discussions on the
"rationale" aspect of the current IPoIB design, consequently
duplicating many materials from the other IPoIB drafts. 

Since the draft will be informational only, perhaps this redundancy
is not a problem?

Jerry

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have received no issues with this draft.  Can I get people that have
read the architecture draft to ping me or the list and say so.

This is the end of the last call for the architecture, encapsulation and
link drafts.  As soon as possible (hopefully before Vienna) I will
contact Thomas and have him get these on the IESG agenda

Bill

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of bill
Sent: Tuesday, June 17, 2003 11:44 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [Ipoverib] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipoib-architecture-02.txt

The only major fault that came up in last call of the encapsulation/link
drafts was the fact that they referenced the architecture draft that
hadn't been updated or put through last call.  So with the publication
of the architecture draft below I would like to call a working group
last call on the architecture.

So if you have issues please forward them to the list (or author) by
July 4 so we can push these drafts to IESG last call after the upcoming
IETF meeting.

Thank you
Bill Strahm

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of [email-masked]
Sent: Monday, June 09, 2003 4:45 AM
To: IETF-Announce:
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [Ipoverib] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipoib-architecture-02.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories. This draft is a work item of the IP over InfiniBand Working
Group of the IETF.

	Title		: IP over InfiniBand(IPoIB) Architecture
	Author(s)	: V. Kashyap
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipoib-architecture-02.txt
	Pages		: 24
	Date		: 2003-6-6
	
InfiniBand is a high speed, channel based interconnect between systems
and devices. This document presents an overview of the InfiniBand
architecture. It further describes the requirements and guidelines for
the transmission of IP over InfiniBand. Discussions in this document are
applicable to both IPv4 and IPv6 unless explicitly specified. The
encapsulation of IP over InfiniBand and the mechanism for IP address
resolution on IB fabrics are covered in [IPOIB_MCAST], [IPOIB_ENCAP] and
[IPOIB_DHCP].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipoib-architecture-02.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the
message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipoib-architecture-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipoib-architecture-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail
readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

_______________________________________________
IPoverIB mailing list
[email-masked] https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipoverib

_______________________________________________
IPoverIB mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipoverib

------------------------------------------------------------------------

    * *References*:
          o *RE: [Ipoverib] I-D
            ACTION:draft-ietf-ipoib-architecture-02.txt <msg01035.html>*
          + /From:/ "bill" <[email-masked]>

    * Prev by Date: *[Ipoverib] I-D
      ACTION:draft-ietf-ipoib-ibif-mib-05.txt <msg01039.html>*
    * Previous by thread: *RE: [Ipoverib] I-D
      ACTION:draft-ietf-ipoib-architecture-02.txt <msg01035.html>*
    * Next by thread: *[Ipoverib] 57th IETF <msg01036.html>*
    * Index(es):
          o *Date* <maillist.html#01040>
          o *Thread* <threads.html#01040>

_______________________________________________
IPoverIB mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipoverib

---

From: "H.K. Jerry Chu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 14:57:29 -0700 (PDT)

Bill,

Jerry

Bill

-----Original Message-----

Thank you
Bill Strahm

-----Original Message-----

	

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:

    * *References*:
          o *RE: [Ipoverib] I-D