Subject: IPP> ADM - Maui PWG IPP Meeting on 28 and 29 and Januari 7 Phone Conference

From: Carl-Uno Manros <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 1998 14:57:07 PST

Before Christmas I sent out a warning that we may want to use two days for
IPP in the upcoming PWG meeting in Maui.

Today, when most everybody seems to back in their offices again, we have
now resolved the agenda problem. It turns out that there will not be much
need for a Job MIB meeting and the Finisher MIB meeting will be moved to
Friday.

This leaves us with two days for IPP.

On Wednesday January 28 we will discuss:

1) Any remaining IPP Version 1.0 issues - Hopefully NONE, but you never know.

2) How do we document resolutions for bugs that become visible after the
RFCs are published? Should we start an Implementor's Guide document?

3) Discuss requirements for additional functionality that was left out of
the IPP Version 1.0.  This includes, but is not limited to things like:

   - Dictionary attribute type
   - Document level attributes
   - Asynchrounous notifications

4) We also need a slot to discuss some general PWG policy matters, which
are not limited to IPP, such as IANA registration procedures.

On Thursday January 29 we will have the whole day to discuss IPP Testing
issues.
Peter Zehler has just sent out a separate agenda for that day.

--

We will start our weekly phone conferences again this Wednesday January 7,
1 - 3 pm (PST). Main agenda item is to continue our discussion about the
two URI names for a Printer.

I have asked Don to set this up and announce the dial-in details to the DL.
I have not yet got a confirmation from him. If I do not here from Don by
tomorrow morning, I will set it up myself.

Carl-Uno

Carl-Uno Manros
Principal Engineer - Advanced Printing Standards - Xerox Corporation
701 S. Aviation Blvd., El Segundo, CA, M/S: ESAE-231
Phone +1-310-333 8273, Fax +1-310-333 5514
Email: [email-masked]