Subject: IPP> ADM - IETF Process

From: Carl-Uno Manros <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 1998 11:20:50 PDT

A couple of comments on the IETF-IESG process as I understand them.

1) The comments sent to the IESG in their Last Call do not get
redistributed to the IPP DL (or anybody else outside the IESG), unless the
original submitter did choose to copy the IPP DL.

2) Keith Moore has done his review on behalf of the IESG, so we should
consider his comments as coming from the IESG. His review included taking
IESG Last Call comments into account.

3) I have checked with Keith, and he has confirmed that answering his
comments is part of the IESG review process, and does not require new Last
Calls in the WG or the IESG, but he would like to see that there is
consensus in the WG for the replies we send back on his comments.

My suggestion is that people who sent in IESG comments and want to find out
why they were not considered (if they were not) do contact Keith directly
to find out.

Carl-Uno

Carl-Uno Manros
Principal Engineer - Advanced Printing Standards - Xerox Corporation
701 S. Aviation Blvd., El Segundo, CA, M/S: ESAE-231
Phone +1-310-333 8273, Fax +1-310-333 5514
Email: [email-masked]