Subject: Re: address portability *and* Originator-Info

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 10:19:41 -0400

On Wed, 15 Jul 1998 22:40:47 EDT, Simon Spero said:
> If no-one has any objection, I will setup a daemon to automically post
> random postings from the big-internet archive until we all travel
> sufficiently far back in time that we can prevent the spice girls from
> meeting.

What a *wonderful* idea.  I'll volunteer to re-post the just-send-8bit
flamefest from the original MIME/SMTP Extensions discussions - that seems
relevant to the discussion of the Originator-Info: draft.. ;)

Of course, there's a down side = I'm sure within 2 weeks, some newcomer
will ask why, if IPv6 supports variable length addresses, there's no
length field. ;)

The biggest problem with dead-and-buried ideas is that you have to
re-exhume the corpse every 18 to 24 months and re-conduct the autopsy
for the people who weren't here last time.....

-- 
				Valdis Kletnieks
				Computer Systems Senior Engineer
				Virginia Tech