Subject: Re: IPP> Move "orientation-requested" from J.T. to Operation attributegroup?

From: Scott Isaacson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 11:04:04 -0700

I changed "orientation" to "orientation-requested"  but I did not make
"orientation-requested" an operation attribute.  It behaves just like a Job
Template attribute for unformatted jobs (validation against supported,
default value, client supplied desired outcome, etc.)

But I did put in more words about how it does not apply to already formatted
document content and so it can never really conflict with what is in the
document data - it simply does not apply in those cases.  I added that a
client SHOULD NOT supply an "orientation-requested" attribute for already
formatted document content - if it does, the Printer object will not use it.

************************************************************
Scott A. Isaacson
Corporate Architect
Novell Inc., M/S PRV-C-121 
122 E 1700 S, Provo, UT 84606
voice: (801) 861-7366, (800) 453-1267 x17366
fax: (801) 861-2517
email: [email-masked]
web: http://www.novell.com
************************************************************