Subject: IPP> IETF IPP WG - LAST CALL for Model & Semantics and Protocol Specification

From: Carl-Uno Manros <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 06:55:50 -0800

Folks, 

	This is a formal request for final comments within the IETF IPP working
group, prior to submitting two specifications on to the IESG for
consideration as Proposed Standard (first level standards track) RFCs.  The
documents have undergone considerable and repeated review and revision and
we believe that we now have working group consensus on their adequacy.

	The purpose of a working group Last Call is in the style of "speak now or
forever hold your peace" in case there are fundamental objections which
have not gotten previous or adequate discussion, or minor errors which need
correction.

	Last Call is for 2 weeks.  Hence, the period for working group comments
will close on Tuesday, 25 November (US pacific time reference).

	The relevant documents are:

	Title		: Internet Printing Protocol/1.0: Model and Semantics
	Author(s)	: P. Powell, T. Hasting, R. Herriot, S. Isaacson, R.
deBry
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipp-model-07.txt
	Pages		: 144
	Date		: 10-Nov-97
	
         This document is one of a set of documents, which together describe
         all aspects of a new Internet Printing Protocol (IPP).  IPP is an
         application level protocol that can be used for distributed printing
         using Internet tools and technologies.  The protocol is heavily
         influenced by the printing model introduced in the Document Printing
         Application (DPA) [ISO10175] standard.  Although DPA specifies both
         end user and administrative features, IPP version 1.0 (IPP/1.0)
         focuses only on end user functionality.

------

       Title		: Internet Printing Protocol/1.0: Protocol Specification
	Author(s)	: R. Turner, R. Herriot, S. Butler, P. Moore
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipp-protocol-03.txt
	Pages		: 32
	Date		: 10-Nov-97
	
This document is one of a set of documents, which together describe all
aspects of a new Internet Printing Protocol (IPP).  IPP is an
application level protocol that can be used for distributed printing
using Internet tools and technology.  The protocol is heavily influenced
by the printing model introduced in the Document Printing Application
(ISO/IEC 10175 DPA) standard [dpa].  Although DPA specifies both end
user and administrative features, IPP version 1.0 is focused only on end
user functionality.

----  

For retrieval:

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login wih the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipp-model-07.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipp-model-07.txt

and:

     "get draft-ietf-ipp-protocol-03.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipp-protocol-03.txt

---

Carl-Uno Manros
Co-Chair, IETF IPP Working Group