Subject: IPP> ADM - How to learn about XML

From: Carl-Uno Manros <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 1998 07:09:05 -0800

Hi,

I just checked out my local bookstore on XML books over the weekend.
I found two, hot off the press:

- "Presenting XML" by Richard Light ISBN 1-5721-334-6 - $24.99

- "XML Complete" by Steven Holzner ISBN 0-07-913702-4 (with CD-ROM) $44.95

Prices may vary a bit I suppose.

The first of these two spends more time on "Why XML", comparing it to SGML
and HTML,
while the second delves directly into teaching you "How to write" XML, and
has more
details and examples.

I haven't actually got very far in reading any of them yet, but both should
give you
a quick impression about the capabilities of XML, if you want to go beyond
what you
find for free on the Internet.

One Internet resource that I found is: 

        http://www.chrystal.com/

which has some tutorial material and also points to a number of other free
Internet sites for information on XML.

Good reading,

Carl-Uno