Subject: Re: IPP> TES Binary traces of Protocol Examples from PRO app

From: Carl Kugler <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 1998 17:36:17 -0400

You mean like this?

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_TES/Traces/00912a01.trc
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_TES/Traces/00912a01.txt
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_TES/Traces/00912b01.trc
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_TES/Traces/00912b01.txt
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_TES/Traces/00912b02.trc
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_TES/Traces/00912b02.txt
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_TES/Traces/00943a01.trc
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_TES/Traces/00943a01.txt
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_TES/Traces/00955a01.trc
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_TES/Traces/00955a01.txt
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_TES/Traces/0096aa01.trc
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_TES/Traces/0096aa01.txt
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_TES/Traces/0096ab01.trc
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_TES/Traces/0096ab01.txt

What's the advantage you see?

[email-masked] on 04/06/98 03:10:32 PM
Please respond to [email-masked]
To: Carl Kugler/Boulder/IBM@ibmus
cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: IPP> TES Binary traces of Protocol Examples from PRO app

It would be nice if the *complete* URL was listed in your mail
message.  ;-)

Same advice goes to all the other folks who post announcement
messages for uploaded files.  Thanks in advance.

 ...jay

----------------------------------------------------------------------
--  JK Martin               |  Email:   [email-masked]          --
--  Underscore, Inc.        |  Voice:   (603) 889-7000              --
--  41C Sagamore Park Road  |  Fax:     (603) 889-2699              --
--  Hudson, NH 03051-4915   |  Web:     http://www.underscore.com   --
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Carl Kugler wrote:
>
> I have created application-level binary trace files of all the Protocol
> Examples from Appendix A of PRO, and uploaded them to
> ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_TES/Traces/
>
> This table shows the mapping from file name to document section and title:
>
> File  9. Appendix A: Protocol Examples
> -----------------------------------------------
> 00912A01  9.1 Print-Job Request
> 00912B01 9.2 Print-Job Response (successful)
> 00912B02 9.3 Print-Job Response (failure)
> 00943A01 9.4 Print-URI Request
> 00955A01 9.5 Create-Job Request
> 0096AA01 9.6 Get-Jobs Request
> 0096AB01 9.7 Get-Jobs Response
>
> Carl Kugler
> IBM

---

From: Jay Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 1998 19:08:01 -0400

Thanks, that's a lot more functional for those of us who have
URL-enabled email agents (such as Netscape and several others).

By putting the entire URL (with *no* spaces or line breaks)
in an email message, a user of such an email agent can
directly bring up the referenced file with a single click,
all without having to change applications, etc.

This makes the document much, much more accessible to the user,
and thereby should foster improved and more rapid access of the
document(s) by the intended audience.

And this is what the document write really desires, correct?  ;-)

	...jay