Subject: IPP> Directory Schema attribute question - resolved

From: Harry Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 10:56:45 -0500

Sorry for the traffic. I think I resolved my question by reading section 4.2
Job Template Attributes. It seems confusing, at first, but I guess not so much
once you get used to it. Just for readability and understanding, I'd prefer if
we not use phrases like "The "xxx-default" default value attribute
describes...(the default)...". It's confusing whether copies, copies-default
and copies-supported are 1 or 3 attributes... I'd say 3 but really just
different names for the same attribute when it is either supplied, defaulted or
queried. So, we could just say "The xxx-default" value describes... (the
default)...". Anyway, I'm sure you've all been through these discussions and
it's too late for this round. I think I'm getting it! I'll dig deeper before I
ask another question.

Harry Lewis - IBM Printing Systems

----- Forwarded by Harry Lewis/Boulder/IBM on 12/10/97 10:56 PM -----

[email-masked] on 12/10/97 06:24:16 PM
Please respond to [email-masked] @ internet
To: [email-masked] @ internet, [email-masked] @ internet
cc:
Subject: IPP> Directory Schema attribute question

This is either a nit or a misunderstanding on my part. Appx E of the Model doc
lists attributes to be included in a directory schema (great idea!) but does
not always refer exactly to the same name. Example finishings-supported vs.
finishings in section 4.2.6. Is this a lingering editorial, or am I completely
missing the boat somewhere on attribute names?

Harry Lewis - IBM Printing Systems