Subject: IPP> Implications of a new scheme, etc

From: Roger K Debry <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 16:00:26 -0400

As suggested on Wednesday's teleconference, Harry Lewis,
Carl Kugler, and I produced the attached table (in .pdf format)
which hopefully summarizes the many views which have been
expressed on this subject over the last couple of weeks. Our
intent is that this would help support our position with Keith Moore.

Roger K deBry
Senior Technical Staff Member
Architecture and Technology
IBM Printing Systems
email: [email-masked]
phone: 1-303-924-4080

---

From: James Walker <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 1998 16:05:43 -0500

Is it true that there is "no impact" on the Servers for the
IPP:X (HTTP on the Wire) scenario?  I know that there are URI's
that a server has to return to the client, so I am just wondering
if there is going to be any server problems (because the URI's
will have to be presented as IPP:, right?).

curious...
...walker

--
Jim Walker <[email-masked]>
System Architect/DAZEL Wizard
DAZEL Corporation, Austin, TX