Subject: Re: IPP> MOD> More internationalization questions

From: Carl Kugler <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 16:41:59 -0400

More internationalization questions:

According to MOD 3.2.6.2:

"For any job submitted in a different natural language than the natural
language that the Printer object is returning in the
"attributes-natural-language" operation attribute in the Get-Jobs response, the
Printer SHALL indicate the submitted natural language by returning the Job
object's "attributes-natural-language" as the first Job object attribute, which
overrides the "attributes-natural-language" operation attribute value being
returned by the Printer object.

MAY a Printer return the Job object's "attributes-natural-language" as the
first Job object attribute when the job was submitted in the same natural
language that the Printer object is returning in the
"attributes-natural-language" operation attribute in the Get-Jobs response
(even if it's not one of the "requested-attributes")?

WHY is "attributes-charset" a mandatory Job Description attribute when all
attributes in a response are returned in the charset indicated in the
"attributes-charset" operation attribute of the response, regardless of the
charset they were submitted in?