Subject: IPP> I-D ACTION:draft-skreddy-enpreq-00.txt

From: [email-masked] (by way of Carl-Uno Manros <[email-masked]>)
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 10:44:39 PDT

The following new I-D is addressing requirements for Notifications. It
seems to reflect the needs of the WebDAV group, but we might be able to
pick up a few useful ideas for IPP.

Carl-Uno

---

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: Requirements for Event Notification Protocol
	Author(s)	: S. Reddy
	Filename	: draft-skreddy-enpreq-00.txt
	Pages		: 6
	Date		: 16-Apr-98
	
   This document describes the requirements for an Event Notification
   Protocol.  The objective is to provide a simple, scalable and highly
   efficient notification protocol while also providing the appropriate
   flexibility to meet the needs of both the internet and enterprise
   environments. Intent of this document is to collect all notification
   requirements in one place and leverage the work already done in other
   working groups.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-skreddy-enpreq-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-skreddy-enpreq-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-skreddy-enpreq-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-skreddy-enpreq-00.txt>