Subject: IPP> Please ignore this test message.

From: Jeff Schnitzer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 10:50:52 -0400

Please ignore this test message.

  This message is being posted to verify that PWG mailing lists 
  are public, per Keith Moore's mandate. 

  Note that the Majordomo "who" command remains disabled.  

/Jeff Schnitzer
 <[email-masked]>

---------------------------------------------------------------
Jeffrey D. Schnitzer      |   Email:  [email-masked] 
Underscore, Inc.          |   Voice:  (603) 889-7000
41-C Sagamore Park Rd     |     Fax:  (603) 889-2699   
Hudson, NH  03051-4915    |     Web:  http://www.underscore.com
---------------------------------------------------------------

>To: [email-masked]
>Subject: mailing lists that don't allow outside posts
>cc: [email-masked]
>From: Keith Moore <[email-masked]>
>Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 13:23:39 PDT
>
>It's come to my attention that some of the WG mailing lists don't
>allow posts from people who aren't on the list.
>
>This is not an acceptable policy for IETF WG lists.  It's important to 
>allow people who aren't subscribed to the list to make suggestions 
>or ask questions.  It's also important to allow cross-postings 
>between lists where a single topic is of interest to multiple
>working groups.  Finally, it unfairly penalizes against those 
>who use subaddresses.
>
>There are other ways of effectively blocking spam besides 
>blocking postings from non-subscribers.
>
>Lists that do this need to be fixed asap.
>
>Keith
>