Subject: IPP> ADM - Last Call for Model and Protocol documents now closed

From: Carl-Uno Manros <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 1997 01:45:51 PST

All,

The Last Call period for the Model & Semantics and the Protocol
Specification documents is now closed.

Thanks to Tom, Bob, Randy, Roger, Keith and others for taking the time to
go through the texts and spot remaining things that were not clear enough
or were inconsistent.

Although we got quite a few comments, I cannot see that any of them are
controversial or showstoppers. In most cases we have got proposed new texts
for replacements or additions. We will spend the time in next week's
face-to-face meeting and on the DL to try to reach consensus on resolutions
for the points brought up as Last Call comments, so that we can present
them during the IETF IPP WG meeting in Washington DC on December 10.

We will make our final editing round after the IETF meeting and should then
be ready to send the batch of IPP documents to the IESG before the
Christmas Holidays.

We are still waiting for the Rationale document to come out from the IETF
secretariat. As soon as that is available I will initiate the WG Last Call
on that too. I cannot imagine that we will get a lot of comments on that
document.

Again, thank you all for your efforts - the IPP group is a great team!

Regards,

Carl-Uno

Carl-Uno Manros
Principal Engineer - Advanced Printing Standards - Xerox Corporation
701 S. Aviation Blvd., El Segundo, CA, M/S: ESAE-231
Phone +1-310-333 8273, Fax +1-310-333 5514
Email: [email-masked]