Subject: IPP> ADM - We have strong consensus for progressing to IESG

From: Carl-Uno Manros <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 1998 09:18:35 PST

Hi,

Counting the opinions expressed on the IPP DL this morning, I found that 29
people had expressed a view.

25 poeople suggested to pass our drafts on to the IESG without further delay
4 people supported the proposal to delay and work on an XML solution and PRINT

Although this is a bit less than the 100% consensus that we had coming in
to 1998, I do interpret this to mean that we have strong consensus to
progress as  agreed by the end of 1997.

I will now send the message to the IESG for their further review and
processing.

Looking over the comments on the DL during the the last 7 days, I believe
that the proposal from Paul Moore and Josh Cohen failed for the following
three reasons:

- Too LATE, in the development cycle of IPP V1.0
- Too EARLY, in the life cycle of XML
- Too LITTLE, in the way of a counter proposal for the protocol solution

Regards,

Carl-Uno
Carl-Uno Manros
Principal Engineer - Advanced Printing Standards - Xerox Corporation
701 S. Aviation Blvd., El Segundo, CA, M/S: ESAE-231
Phone +1-310-333 8273, Fax +1-310-333 5514
Email: [email-masked]