Subject: IPP> ADM> IPP 1.0 Issues List?

From: Carl Kugler <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 11:41:47 -0400

Is anyone keeping track of outstanding issues with IPP 1.0, or has the group
moved on to IPP 2.0 completely?  I'm looking for something like

 http://www.w3.org/Protocols/HTTP/Issues/

for example.  Some specific issues I'm wondering about as we continue
implementation and interoperability testing:

1.  "printer-uri" or "job-uri" mandatory and required op att?  Form?
2.  Mixed case allowed in 'naturalLanguage' and 'charset' values?
3.  'client-error-request-uri-too-long' vs.
'client-error-request-value-too-long' ?  Types applied to?
4.  "attributes-charset" and "attributes-natural-language" must always be
positioned up front?

Are these still outstanding issues or have they been resolved and I've missed
something?

  -Carl

---

From: Carl-Uno Manros <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 11:40:59 PDT

>Are these still outstanding issues or have they been resolved and I've missed

Carl,

A  very good question. I have tried for the last couple of PWG meetings to
get somebody to take on this job, but so far nobody has stood up to take it
on. I do not know if anything happened on this in the PWG meeting last week.

Carl-Uno

Carl-Uno Manros
Principal Engineer - Advanced Printing Standards - Xerox Corporation
701 S. Aviation Blvd., El Segundo, CA, M/S: ESAE-231
Phone +1-310-333 8273, Fax +1-310-333 5514
Email: [email-masked]