Subject: IPP> I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipp-rat-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 1998 09:25:53 -0400

Note: This announcement is a retransmission with a corrected title and
abstract.

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.  This draft is a work item of the Internet Printing
Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Rationale for the Structure of the Model and
			  Protocol for the Internet Printing Protocol
	Author(s)	: S. Zilles
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipp-rat-03.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 06-Jul-98
	
This document is one of a set of documents, which together describe
all aspects of a new Internet Printing Protocol (IPP).  IPP is an
application level protocol that can be used for distributed
printing using Internet tools and technologies.  The protocol is
heavily influenced by the printing model introduced in the Document
Printing Application (DPA) [ISO10175] standard.  Although DPA
specifies both end user and administrative features, IPP version
1.0 (IPP/1.0) focuses only on end user functionality.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipp-rat-03.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipp-rat-03.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipp-rat-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.