Subject: IPP> I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-http-v11-spec-rev-02.txt

From: Carl-Uno Manros <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 11:08:09 PST

FYI,

HTTP 1.1 bug fixes.

Carl-Uno

>To: [email-masked]
>Cc: [email-masked]
>From: [email-masked]
>Reply-to: [email-masked]
>Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-http-v11-spec-rev-02.txt
>Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 07:17:43 PST
>Sender: [email-masked]
>
>A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
>This draft is a work item of the HyperText Transfer Protocol Working Group 
>of the IETF.
>
>	Title		: Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1
>	Author(s)	: J. Mogul, T. Berners-Lee, L. Masinter, P. Leach, 
>                          R. Fielding, H. Nielsen, J. Gettys
>	Filename	: draft-ietf-http-v11-spec-rev-02.txt
>	Pages		: 155
>	Date		: 24-Feb-98
>	
>The Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) is an application-level protocol
>for distributed, collaborative, hypermedia information systems. It is a
>generic, stateless, protocol which can be used for many tasks, such as
>name servers and distributed object management systems, through
>extension of its request methods. A feature of HTTP is the typing and
>negotiation of data representation, allowing systems to be built
>independently of the data being transferred.
> 
>HTTP has been in use by the World-Wide Web global information initiative
>since 1990. This specification defines the protocol referred to as
>''HTTP/1.1'', and is an update to RFC2068 [33].
> 
>At the time of this revision's submission, there were no known outstanding
>technical or editorial issues.  The HTTP/1.1 issues list, along with
>many representations of this specification including Postscript, Microsoft
>word, with and without change bars, with or without gzip compression
>can be found at http://www.w3.org/Protocols/HTTP/Issues/.
>
>Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
>"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
>type "cd internet-drafts" and then
>	"get draft-ietf-http-v11-spec-rev-02.txt".
>A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
>ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-http-v11-spec-rev-02.txt
>
>Internet-Drafts directories are located at:
>
>	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
>	
>	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
>		ftp.nis.garr.it
>			
>	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
>	
>	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
>	
>	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu
>
>Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.
>
>Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
>	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-http-v11-spec-rev-02.txt".
>	
>NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
>	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
>	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
>	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
>	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
>	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
>	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
>	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
>	how to manipulate these messages.
>		
>		
>Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
>implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
>Internet-Draft.
>
><ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-http-v11-spec-rev-02.txt>
>
Carl-Uno Manros
Principal Engineer - Advanced Printing Standards - Xerox Corporation
701 S. Aviation Blvd., El Segundo, CA, M/S: ESAE-231
Phone +1-310-333 8273, Fax +1-310-333 5514
Email: [email-masked]