Subject: IPP> MOD - Notify job progress attributes uploaded

From: Tom Hastings <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 1998 22:26:59 PDT

The six new job progress attributes that were in the long notification
proposal
from May and were just listed in the very short notification proposal have
been
made a short 8 page white paper:

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_NOT/ipp-job-prog-attr-980706.doc
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_NOT/ipp-job-prog-attr-980706.pdf
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_NOT/ipp-job-prog-attr-980706.txt

I'll bring copies of it to the meeting.

Here is the abstract:

Proposed Job Progress Attributes for IPP
Version 0.1

Abstract

This white paper proposes six new Job Description attributes to be
registered for use with IPP/1.0 [ipp-mod].  These attributes are drawn from
the PWG Job Monitoring MIB [jmp-mib].  They were contained in the long
notification proposal [ipp-not-long], and have been placed in a separate
more manageable-sized specification.  These attributes are be used with the
IPP notification event report.  They may also be used by themselves as
useful job progress monitoring attributes.  The six new attributes are:

"output-bin" (1setOf text(63))
"sheet-completed-copy-number" (integer(-2:MAX))
"sheet-completed-document-number" (integer(-2:MAX))
"job-collation-type" (enum)
"impressions-interpreted" (integer(-2:MAX))
"impressions-completed-current-copy" (integer(-2:MAX))

Tom