Subject: IPP> I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipp-lpd-ipp-map-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 1998 09:25:42 -0400

Note: This announcement is a retransmission with a corrected title and
abstract.

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.  This draft is a work item of the Internet Printing
Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Mapping between LPD and IPP Protocols
	Author(s)	: J. Martin, T. Hasting, R. Herriot, N. Jacobs
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipp-lpd-ipp-map-04.txt
	Pages		: 24
	Date		: 06-Jul-98
	
This document is one of a set of documents, which together describe all
aspects of a new Internet Printing Protocol (IPP). IPP is an application
level protocol that can be used for distributed printing using Internet
tools and technologies. The protocol is heavily influenced by the
printing model introduced in the Document Printing Application (DPA)
[ISO10175] standard. Although DPA specifies both end user and
administrative features, IPP version 1.0 (IPP/1.0) focuses only on end
user functionality.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipp-lpd-ipp-map-04.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipp-lpd-ipp-map-04.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipp-lpd-ipp-map-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.