Subject: IPP> FW: I-D ACTION:draft-fielding-uri-syntax-04.txt

From: "Manros, Carl-Uno B" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 08:18:39 PDT

FYI,

Carl-Uno

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, July 17, 1998 4:20 AM
To: IETF-Announce
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-fielding-uri-syntax-04.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title           : Uniform Resource Identifiers (URI): Generic
			  Syntax
	Author(s)	: T. Berners-Lee, R. Fielding, L. Masinter
	Filename	: draft-fielding-uri-syntax-04.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 16-Jul-98
	
A Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) is a compact string of characters
for identifying an abstract or physical resource.  This document
defines the generic syntax of URI, including both absolute and relative
forms, and guidelines for their use; it revises and replaces the
generic definitions in RFC 1738 and RFC 1808.

This document defines a grammar that is a superset of all valid URI,
such that an implementation can parse the common components of a URI
reference without knowing the scheme-specific requirements of every
possible identifier type.  This document does not define a generative
grammar for URI; that task will be performed by the individual
specifications of each URI scheme.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-fielding-uri-syntax-04.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-fielding-uri-syntax-04.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-fielding-uri-syntax-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail
readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 08:18:40 -0700