Subject: IPP> Early ping for april meeting

From: "Turner, Randy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 14:48:51 -0800

The April meeting of the PWG will be in Portland, OR and is scheduled
for April 6-10. The meeting location is tentatively planned for the new
Embassy Suites Hotel in downtown. The conference rate will be $135.00
per night with a daily meeting room fee of about $35.00. I'm assuming
the daily meeting breakdown would be

Mon,Tues: PWG1394 WG   Weds/Thurs: PWG/IPP WG   Fri: Host MIB, UPD,
Other business

As an alternative meeting location, Sharp could host the meeting at our
site, which is about a 25-minute drive from downtown Portland. If Sharp
hosts the meeting, then there would be no meeting room fee, and we could
provide lunch on whatever days the group wanted. Including our normal
break snacks. You would of course be on your own for lodging. You could
either stay in downtown Portland and drive each day, or we have 3 or 4
hotels within 10 - 15 minute drive of the Sharp campus. One of the
hotels is new (The Heathman Lodge) and is really a nice place. Its about
10 or so minutes away.

What I am interested in knowing is who would be attending the meeting in
Portland, in general, and secondly, at which location you would prefer
to meet (Embassy Suites/downtown or Sharp). It doesn't really make much
difference to me either way, although it might be somewhat less
expensive for folks flying in to meet at Sharp. Also I would like to
know which meetings you would be attending and if you want to meet in
town, I would need to know if you would be staying at the hotel. 

Thanks!

Randy

---

From: Nagasaka Fumio <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 23:37:21 +0900 (JST)

Dear Randy

I am going to attend the April meeting, and prefer
Embassy Suites/downtown.
-----
Fumio Nagasaka
EPSON Software Development Laboratory Inc.,
TEL: +81 268 25-4111 // FAX: +81 268 25-4627
HomePage = http://www.venus.dti.ne.jp/~fumiona/

---

From: Nagasaka Fumio <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 23:37:21 +0900 (JST)

Dear Randy