Subject: RE: Where is the RFC editor?

From: Sascha Ignjatovic <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 03:45:56 +0200 (MET DST)

On Wed, 1 Jul 1998, Simon Spero wrote:

> This thread has given me a vision of how the forthcoming meeting will be.
> 
> The audience enters and is seated by guards dressed in black uniform, with
> red armbands bearing the Ietf logo. Music starts playing - "New World Order"
> by Ministry. Lights come up on the stage. The IESG are seated on one hand,
> the IAB to the other clad identically to the guards. Flags bearing the logo
> surround the podium. They stand to attention. The audience rises. Postel
> enters, his head shaved to a crew cut. The audience shouts something is
> unison -  it sounds like "Hail the Namebringer". He motions for silence,
> then points to someone in  the audience. "Bring him to me". The guards
> comply. "Masataka Ohta - you have been Obsoleted". "Obsoleted! Obsoleted!"
> the audience chants. A single gunshot. The chants grow louder, the vision
> ends.

and than you woke up and the bad was wet ...

sascha

---

From: Masataka Ohta <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 98 19:58:45 JST

Simon;

> This thread has given me a vision of how the forthcoming meeting will be.

An interesting vision.

However, the inconsistency is between the URL in the IETF home page
and the announcement of the RFC editor.

A puzzling fact is that I personally received a few guesses all of
which were easilly confirmed to be wrong from an IAB member.

How is your vision now?

							Masataka Ohta