Subject: IPP> ADM - How to follow the fate of the IPP drafts

From: Jeff Schnitzer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 1998 21:24:05 -0500

[The following message from Carl-Uno was filtered by Majordomo as a
 misdirected admin request due to the word "ubscribe-say" being used
 within the first five lines of the message body -- /Jeff Schnitzer]

Date: Fri, 6 Feb 1998 11:16:39 PST
To: [email-masked]
From: Carl-Uno Manros <[email-masked]>
Subject: ADM - How to follow the fate of the IPP drafts
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"

With the message now sent to the IESG to process the IPP drafts for
publishing as RFCs, they are now out of our control. If you want to find
out how the next step in the processing chain develops, you should
subscribe to the IETF annoncement list. See description below on how to
subscribe.

Carl-Uno

---

The IETF announcement list is a "controlled" list that receives the
following types of messages: 

     IETF Meeting logistics, 
     Agendas for working group and BOF sessions at IETF meetings, 
     working group actions, 
     Internet-Draft announcements, 
     IESG Last Calls, 
     IESG protocol and document actions, and 
     RFC announcements. 

To join the announcement list, send a request to:
[email-masked] and enter the word subscribe in the
Subject line of the message. 

----

Carl-Uno Manros
Principal Engineer - Advanced Printing Standards - Xerox Corporation
701 S. Aviation Blvd., El Segundo, CA, M/S: ESAE-231
Phone +1-310-333 8273, Fax +1-310-333 5514
Email: [email-masked]

---

From: "Jeffrey D. Schnitzer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 1998 11:03:42 -0500

[The following message from Jim Walker was filtered by Majordomo as a
 misdirected admin request due to the word "ubscribe-say" being used
 within the first five lines of the message body -- /Jeff Schnitzer]

> subscribe to the IETF annoncement list. See description below on how to

I am curious as to how the discussion will work.  Is it simply the
case that comments will be posted on [email-masked] or [email-masked],
and there will be no discussion of those comments?  Or will there
be some lively interchanges that we will all be interested in
following, and diving into?  Will all comments (and discussion) be
forwarded automatically to the IPP DL?  Or are comments usually
cc'ed to the appropriate DL out of courtesy?  Or do we all need to
run over and subscribe to the IESG and IETF DL's?

inquiring mind...
...walker

--
Jim Walker <[email-masked]>
System Architect/DAZEL Wizard
DAZEL Corporation, Austin, TX