Subject: PWG-ANNOUNCE> Fwd: IETF ISMS WG last call on SNMP over SSH

From: "Ira McDonald" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 10:04:55 -0500

Hi,

The IETF ISMS (Integrated Security Model for SNMP) WG has
completed their specifications for running SNMP over SSH
transport.

NOTE - PWG IDS WG folks - this binding DOES require the
SNMP Agent to communicate directly with a RADIUS server.

Please review or pass on to the management subsystem
developers in your organization.

Cheers,
- Ira

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 3:13 AM
Subject: [Isms] wg last call on isms document set
To: [email-masked]

This message starts the working group last call on the ISMS documents:

[1] Transport Subsystem for the Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)
   <draft-ietf-isms-tmsm-15.txt>

[2] Transport Security Model for SNMP
   <draft-ietf-isms-transport-security-model-10.txt>

[3] Secure Shell Transport Model for SNMP
   <draft-ietf-isms-secshell-13.txt>

[4] Remote Authentication Dial-In User Service (RADIUS) Usage for Simple
   Network Management Protocol (SNMP) Transport Models
   <draft-ietf-isms-radius-usage-04.txt>

The authors and the chair think that these documents are mature enough
for last call.  Since the next IETF meeting is coming up, the last
call period is not two weeks as usual, but extends until the the end
of the IETF week. However, I like to encourage people to review these
documents before the ISMS meeting in Minneapolis (currently scheduled
for Monday November 17) so that the WG meeting time can be used to
resolve any issues that might come up during document review.

Please do review the documents and post your comments on this list
until November 23, 2008.  Please also post to the list if you have
read the documents and you are fine with them.  It is very useful to
know how many people have read the documents.

/js

--
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1, 28759 Bremen, Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>
_______________________________________________
Isms mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/isms

-- 
Ira McDonald (Musician / Software Architect)
Chair - Linux Foundation Open Printing WG
Blue Roof Music/High North Inc
email: [email-masked]
winter:
  579 Park Place  Saline, MI  48176
  734-944-0094
summer:
  PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI 49839
  906-494-2434