Subject: IPP> Links to JDF, ISO, OP standards - IPP and MFP Alerts drafts

From: "Ira McDonald" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 18:09:03 -0500

Hi,

Per my action item from yesterday's IPP teleconference:

(1) CIP4 JDF Standards - Acrobat 7/8/9 workflow and job tickets

[CIP4-JDF14] CIP4 Job Definition Format, JDF/1.4, November 2008
    http://www.cip4.org/documents/jdf_specifications/JDF1.4.pdf

[CIP4-IDP13] CIP4 Integrated Digital Printing, IDP/1.3, August 2008
    http://www.cip4.org/document_archive/documents/ICS-IDP-1.3.pdf
    - for black-and-white, highlight-color, and color sheet-fed Printers

[CIP4-ODP13] CIP4 Office Digital Printing, ODP/1.3, July 2007
    http://www.cip4.org/document_archive/documents/ICS-ODP-1.3.pdf
    - for black-and-white and limited color sheet-fed Printers

(2) ISO DPA Standard - source of IETF IPP, CIP4 JDF, PWG SM/1.0, etc.

[ISO10175] ISO Document Processing Application, ISO 10175, 1996
    ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/related-rfcs/DPA-essentials.pdf

(3) Open Printing Job Ticket API - JDF, PWG, Adobe, other job tickets

[OP-JTAPI] Open Printing Job Ticket API (JTAPI) v1.0, March 2005
    ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/fsg/Released-Specifications/
        jtapi-version1.0.0.zip

(4) IPP Work-in-Progress

[IPP-PSX] PWG IPP Printer State Extensions, November 2006
    ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippstate10-20061107.pdf
    - status of ready for prototype - technically complete
    - complete Printer MIB alerts (all fields) carried over IPP
    - applies to IPP/2.0 and above

[IPP-SET2] PWG IPP Production Printing Attributes Set 2, August 2002
    ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_PPE/
        pwg-ipp-prod-print-set2-draft-v0_1-020821.pdf
    - status of interim draft - technical issues remain
    - many new Job Template attributes for enterprise and production
    - applies to IPP/2.1 and above

(5) Printer MIB Work-in-Progress

[MFD-ALERTS] PWG Printer MIB Alert Table Groups Extension for
Multi-Function Devices, March 2007
    ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/pmp/wd/wd-mfp-alert-groups10-20070313.pdf
    - status of ready for prototype - technically complete
    - enums-only extension to Printer MIB for scan, fax, etc., MFD alerts
      in existing prtAlertTable
    - complements [IPP-PSX] above and PWG Counter MIB v2 [PWG5106.3]

Cheers,
- Ira (co-editor of IPP/2.0)

Ira McDonald (Musician / Software Architect)
Chair - Linux Foundation Open Printing WG
Blue Roof Music/High North Inc
email: [email-masked]
winter:
  579 Park Place  Saline, MI  48176
  734-944-0094
summer:
  PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI 49839
  906-494-2434