Subject: [IPP] Posted MFD Alerts draft (28 December 2018)

From: Ira McDonald <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2018 17:49:01 -0500

've  just posted a new draft of MFD Alerts (was PWG 5105.3-2012)
with corrections per PWG F2F in November 2018 at:

https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-pwgmfdalerts11-20181228.docx
- Word clean version

https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-pwgmfdalerts11-20181228-rev.docx
- Word source w/ redlines

<https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/goog_619762520>
https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-pwgmfdalerts11-20181228.pdf
- PDF clean version

<http://goog_619762520>
https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-pwgmfdalerts11-20181228-rev.pdf
- PDF w/ redlines

For status and review at an IPP WG call.

Cheers,
- Ira

-----------------------------------------------------
Change History

28 December 2018

- Interim draft revision (Ira McDonald) – changes per PWG F2F review
(November 2018).
- TODO – Update section 10 References.
- Global – Replaced “[RFC8010]” and “[RFC8011]” with “[STD92]” and fixed
References.
- Global – Replace “RFC2119]” with “[BCP14]” and fixed References.
- Global – Changed SNMP and IPP protocol roles for clarity per section 2.3
(see below).
- Revised document title and URI from “pmp” to “pwg” scope and v1.0 to v1.1.
- Revised copyright in headers and page 2 to show span “2012-2018”.
- Revised Abstract to simplify.
- Revised section 2.3 Protocol Role Terminology to change “Client” to “IPP
Client”, change “Printer” to “IPP Printer”, change “Printer MIB Agent” to
“SNMP Printer”, and change “Printer MIB Client” to “SNMP Client”.
- Revised title of section 3.1 Rationale for Printer MIB and IPP MFD Alerts
to “Rationale” and add numbering for clarity.
- Revised section 3.3 Exceptions to add Comment to define some (they’re
missing).
- Revised section 3.4 Out of Scope to align text with current Document
Object draft and add numbering.
- Revised section 3.5 Design Requirements to align text with current
Document Object draft and add numbering.
- Revised title of section 4 Printer Model Extensions to “SNMP Printer
Model Extensions” for clarity (i.e., these are extensions are to the
Printer MIB v2 model).
- Revised title of section 5 MFD and Printer Extension Alerts to “MFD
Alerts” for clarity.
- Revised title of section 5.1 MFD Alert Groups to “MFD Subunit Alert
Groups” for clarity.
- Revised title of section 5.2 MFD and Printer Extension Subunit Alerts to
“MFD Subunit Alerts” for clarity.
- Revised title of Table 2 MFD and Printer Subunit Alerts to “MFD Subunit
Alerts” for clarity and added note about “Error” ending only when
MFD/Printer is stopped.
- Revised title of Table 3 IPP printer-state-reasons to “IPP MFD
printer-state-reasons” for clarity and added notes about “error” ending
only when MFD/Printer is stopped and non-mapping of transient FaxModem
alerts to IPP.
- Revised Table 3 IPP MFD printer-state-reasons to add missing hyphen to
“scan-media-path-input-feed-error” to correct a typo.
- Revised title of section 7.1 IPP Standard Internationalization
Considerations to “IPP  Internationalization Considerations” for clarity
and removed numbering in first list.
- Revised title of section 7.2 MFD Alerts Internationalization
Considerations to “SNMP Internationalization Considerations” for clarity.
- Revised title of section 8.1 Standard IPP Security Considerations to “IPP
Security Considerations” for clarity.
- Revised title of section 8.2 MFD Alerts Security Considerations to “SNMP
Security Considerations” for clarity.
- Revised section 9.2 Alert Codes to suffix “—DEPRECATED” to all of the
FaxModem transient alerts (NOT mapped to IPP).
- Revised title of section 9.3 IPP Attribute and Keyword Value
Registrations to “IPP Attribute Value Registrations” for consistency and
concatenated with former section 9.5
- Deleted original section 9.4 through section 9.8 (all redundant).
- Revised section 11 Author’s Address to move Ron Bergman down to
Contributors (as original Author), remove Lexmark from Jerry Thrasher, and
add Rick Yardumian and Christopher Rizzo.
_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp