Subject: [ippm] [ADMIN] IPPM Mailing List Changes

From: "Matthew J Zekauskas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 17:55:56 -0500

The changes I mentioned earlier have now been implemented.  You should
continue to send new mail to [email-masked].  These changes should be
"relatively transparent" -- however, you will get an [ippm] tag added
to the subject of mail sent to this list.

* The mail server has moved to a new machine (off of IRIX)

* The mailing list is now managed by mailman (similar to other ietf.org lists).
  As with the previous setup, mail that does not have ippm in the To: or Cc:
  lines is rejected (to me).  I will forward anything that is remotely relevant.
  This is simply a crude way to catch some unsolicited commercial email ("spam").
  You can also access your own subscription information through the web
  interface, http://mailhost.advanced.org/mailman/listinfo/ippm/ .
  Once a month you will get a reminder that you are on the list,
  with directions on how to remove yourself.

* There is a "virus scanner" that runs on the mail server to try
  and prevent people from sending well-known viruses out over the list.
  Again, this is not a guarantee; you should still be circumspect when
  opening messages.

Mail archives are still be available off of http://www.advanced.org/IPPM/ ;
we started a fresh Hypermail archive, though.  (In addition, there
is a copy of all mail sent since September 1999 kept at ietf.org;
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf-mail-archive/ippm/ should get you a series
of flat files by month.)

As before, you may send subscribe and unsubscribe requests to
[email-masked].

Please let me know directly if you discover any problems.

--Matt

_______________________________________________
ippm mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailhost.advanced.org/mailman/listinfo/ippm