Subject: [ippm] [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-tewg-measure-00.txt]

From: Steven Van den Berghe <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 14:19:24 +0200

Hi,

FYI, a new version of the measurement framework for TE (containing
mainly an overview of principles, approaches and uses) is available in
the well-known location.

Best regards,
Steven

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-tewg-measure-00.txt
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 06:43:31 -0400
From: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: IETF-Announce: ;
CC: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Traffic Engineering Working
Group of the IETF.

	Title		: A Framework for Internet Traffic Engineering 
                          Measurement
	Author(s)	: W. Lai, B. Christian, R. Tibbs, S. Van den Berghe
	Filename	: draft-ietf-tewg-measure-00.txt
	Pages		: 18
	Date		: 22-Aug-01
	
In this document, a measurement framework for supporting the traffic
engineering of IP-based networks is presented.  Uses of traffic
measurement in service provider environments are described, and
issues related to time scale and read-out period are discussed.
Different measurement types are classified, with each being
specified as a meaningful combination of a measurement entity and a
measurement basis.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tewg-measure-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-tewg-measure-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tewg-measure-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.