Subject: [ippm] Packet length.

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 11:43:22 +0100

I believe some work has been done on monitoring packet length and how many
packets fall into different length ranges. Can anyone point me to some
results?

Mike.
_____________________________________________
Michael L Astbury      BT exact Technologies 
Operational Futures - Management Systems (DEN4),
BT Advanced Communications Technology Centre,
Adastral Park,
Martlesham Heath,        BTNet: 00 164 2700
Ipswich,   	       	      Tel: +44 1473 642700
IP5 3RE.     	      Fax: +44 1473 644607
_____________________________________________

	This electronic message contains information from British
Telecommunications plc which may be privileged or confidential. The
information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) or entity
named above. If you are not the intended recipient be aware that any
disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information
is prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error, please
notify us by telephone or email (to the numbers or address above)
immediately.

_______________________________________________
ippm mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailhost.advanced.org/mailman/listinfo/ippm

---

From: Victor Reijs <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2001 16:11:03 +0100

Hello Mike,

> packets fall into different length ranges. Can anyone point me to some

See for some info:
http://www.surfnet.nl/surfnet/persons/reijs/sn4/atmcalc.htm#Packet

All the best,

Victor

---

From: k claffy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 17:50:24 -0700

http://www.caida.org/outreach/resources/learn/packetsizes/
also sean mccreary's paper from last year
	http://www.caida.org/outreach/papers/AIX0005/
k

  See for some info:
  
  All the best,
  
  Victor