Subject: [ippm] question about ipdv-07 draft

From: Timothy SOETENS <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2001 12:18:26 +0200

Hi all, 

Sections 6.5 and 6.6 define Type-P-One-way-ipdv-jitter and
Type-P-One-way-peak-to-peak-ipdv. I am a bit confused about the location
of these metrics in the draft, because I cannot clearly see the concept
"singleton, sample, statistic", as defined in rfc2330. 

I have the impression that these metric fix a selection function to
determine the delay variation, rather than determine a statistic from a
ipdv sample. In this prospect I would suggest to define
Type-P-One-way-ipdv-jitter and Type-P-One-way-ipde-peak-to-peak as
specific singleton Type-P-ipdv- metrics, from which
Type-P-One-way-ipdv-jitter-Poisson-stream and
Type-P-One-way-ipdv-peak-to-peak-Poisson-stream samples can be derived.
Then, these samples can be used to determine a percentile,
invers-percentile, maximum, ... e.g.
Type-P-One-way-ipdv-peak-to-peak-maximum would return the maximum value
of dT in a given Type-P-One-way-ipdv-peak-to-peak-Poisson-stream sample.

Does this make sence?

Regards,
Tim.

-- 
Timothy Soetens
_________________________________________

From the Network Strategy Group @ Alcatel

Tel. +32-3-240.42.11
Fax  +32-3-240.48.88
_______________________________________________
ippm mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailhost.advanced.org/mailman/listinfo/ippm