Subject: [ippm] INC2002 Call for Papers - July 2002

From: "INC2002" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 19:33:44 +0100

**************************************************************************
*

        [Our apologies if you receive multiple postings of this CfP]

  Please find enclosed the CfP for the Third International Network
Conference

    If you would like to be removed from this mailing list, please use the
             following URL: http://www.plymouth.ac.uk/inc2002/

          Or, you can email us at [email-masked]
                        with the subject INC2002 REMOVE

**************************************************************************
*

============
  INC 2002
============

Third International Network Conference
Call for Papers
16-18 July 2002, Plymouth, United Kingdom
http://www.plymouth.ac.uk/inc2002

Invitation to INC 2002
======================
We invite you to participate in the International Network Conference 2002
to be held in Plymouth, UK, from 16-18th July 2002. This conference, the
third in a series of such events, will bring together leading figures from
both academia and industry to present and discuss the latest advances in
networking technologies from both research and commercial perspectives.

The first event, INC ‘98, was held in Plymouth in 1998, attracting an
international audience and papers on a wide range of topics. This success
was continued with INC 2000, with delegates attending from 18 countries.
Feedback from conference delegates at both events was extremely positive
and it is intended that INC 2002 will be similarly successful.

The 2002 conference will again take place in the historic city of
Plymouth, on the south-west coast of England. The event will be held over
three days, encompassing presentations delivered by researchers from
across the international community. Social events and a conference banquet
will also take place, giving an opportunity to exchange state of the art
results and advances in both formal and informal settings.

The conference is co-sponsored by the Institution of Electrical Engineers,
the British Computer Society, Orange Personal Communications Services
Limited, MCB University Press (Emerald), and the international journal
Internet Research.  You are warmly invited to participate in this
conference and we look forward to welcoming you to INC 2002.

Dr Steven Furnell
Conference Chairman

Conference Themes
=================
The Technical Programme will include presentations given by leading
invited speakers, as well as presentations based upon refereed papers
selected by the International Programme Committee.

The intention of the conference is to provide a forum for the exchange of
ideas and findings in a wide range of areas related to networking.
Suggested topics for papers include, but are not limited to, the
following:

Internet and web technologies
	Intelligent agents, Information search and retrieval,
	Web markup languages, Internet architecture and protocols,
	Multicast/broadcast technologies

Network architectures and management
	Network and service management, Quality of service,
	Real time applications, Distributed systems and middleware

Information systems security and privacy
	Authentication and access control, Network security and
	intrusion detection, Cryptography, Computer crime,
	Information security management, Risk analysis, Privacy management,
	Anonymity and pseudonymity

Applications and impacts
	Electronic commerce, Online learning, Virtual communities,
	Internet messaging and conferencing, Entertainment

Mobile networking
	Third and fourth generation technologies, Mobile wireless Internet,
	Mobile commerce, Security issues

Enhanced network services
	Access networks, Intelligent networks and services,
	Internet access devices

Within these areas, the Programme Committee would welcome papers
addressing both technological and/or application level issues, as well as
illustrating the impact of networking in an information society context
(e.g. commerce, communication, education etc.).

A prize of £500 will be awarded for the best paper (see instructions for
authors).

Information for Authors
=======================
Submission of papers
Authors are invited to submit their full papers by 30 November 2001.  The
total length of the paper should not exceed eight pages, including all
figures, tables and references.  A comprehensive set of instructions for
preparing camera ready papers can be found on the conference web site.
http://www.plymouth.ac.uk/inc2002

All papers should be sent electronically to the Conference Secretariat.
Submissions can be made by emailing documents to
[email-masked].  Please use Microsoft Word,
PostScript, Adobe PDF or Rich Text Format.

Review and publication
All papers will be reviewed by at least 2 members of the International
Programme Committee.  Accepted papers will receive detailed instructions
to authors on the finalisation of the camera-ready copy, along with any
comments forwarded by the reviewers. Details of the audio-visual equipment
available for the presentations will also be forwarded at this time.

All accepted papers will be published in the Conference Proceedings, in
both print and CD formats. Selected papers will be considered for
publication in a special issue of the main sponsoring journal, Internet
Research.  In addition, further papers, focussing on relevant topics, may
be selected for inclusion in the journals Information Management &
Computer Security or Campus-Wide Information Systems.

A best paper award of £500, sponsored by MCB University Press (Emerald),
publishers of the above journals, will be awarded by the conference
committee and presented during the conference.

Registration of interest
========================
Authors and delegates are requested to fill in the on-line registration
forms on the INC2002 web site. Alternatively, the conference secretariat
may be contacted directly.

Summary of Important Dates
==========================
30 November 2001	Deadline for submission of papers
11 February 2002	Notification of paper acceptance
26 April 2002	Deadline for camera-ready paper submission and
			author registration

Registration Fees
=================
INC 2002 offers two options for registration, namely full participant or
student participant. Full participants will be entitled to admission to
the conference on each of the three days and will receive printed and CD
copies of the conference proceedings, along with tickets for the events in
the social programme.  Student participants will be entitled to admission
to the conference, attendance at social events and a CD copy of the
proceedings.  Lunches and refreshments will also be included for all
delegates. Note that the registration fee also varies depending upon the
date by which it is received.  Authors are granted a further concession in
their fee, but are required to register by 26 April 2002 (at the same time
as submitting their camera-ready papers).

                                        Full   Student
Authors
(registration deadline 26.4.2002)       £295    £225

Other delegates
Early registration (to 31.5.2002)       £320    £250
Standard registration (from 1.6.2002)   £345    £275

Social Programme
================
INC 2002 will be supported by a comprehensive social programme, including
a Welcome Reception and Conference Banquet.  The social programme is also
planned to include a tour of local sites of both historic interest and
scenic beauty.

Conference Secretariat / Correspondence
=======================================
Mrs Denise Horne, Faculty of Technology, University of Plymouth,
Drake Circus, Plymouth PL4 8AA, UK

Telephone :  + 44 (0) 1752 233304
Fax:         + 44 (0) 1752 233310
E-mail:      [email-masked]
Web:         http://www.plymouth.ac.uk/inc2002

IEE Continuing Professional Development
=======================================
This activity may be appropriate for the maintenance or enhancement of a
competence relevant to an individual’s Continuing Professional Development
(CPD). It is the individual’s responsibility to identify whether the
activity is appropriate to their professional development.

Conference Venue
================
The conference will take place at the Sherwell Conference Centre (below)
at the University of Plymouth.  The University is situated in the centre
of Plymouth, a historic city on the south-west coast of the United
Kingdom.

Conference Chairman
===================
Dr Steven Furnell, University of Plymouth, United Kingdom

International Programme Committee
=================================
Darren Ballard, Cisco Systems, UK
Udo Bleimann, University of Applied Sciences, Darmstadt, Germany
Gerrit Bleumer, Francotyp-Postalia, Germany
David Finkel, Worcester Polytechnic Institute, USA
Kevin Fitzgerald, KPMG, Australia
Steven Furnell (chair), University of Plymouth, UK
Dimitris Gritzalis, Athens University of Economics and Business, Greece
Carsten Griwodz, University of Oslo, Norway
Holger Hofmann, ABB Corporate Research Center, Germany
Elizabeth Joyce, Symantec Corporation, UK
Sokratis Katsikas, University of the Aegean, Greece
Dominique Le Foll, Acterna, UK
John Lindsay, Kingston University, UK
Benn Lines , University of Plymouth, UK
Les Lloyd, Rollins College, USA
Joseph Morrissey, Cap Gemini Ernst & Young, UK
Sead Muftic, Stockholm University, Sweden
Andrew Phippen, University of Plymouth, UK
Karl Posch , Graz University of Technology, Austria
Seppo Puuronen, University of Jyvaskyla, Finland
Kimmo Raatikainen, University of Helsinki, Finland
Paul Reynolds, Orange Personal Communication Services Ltd, UK
Peter Sanders, University of Plymouth, UK
David Schwartz, Bar-Ilan University, Israel
Simon Shepherd, Universtiy of Bradford, UK
Jeanne Stynes, Cork Institute of Technology, Ireland
Roussow von Solms, Port Elizabeth Technikon, South Africa
Matthew Warren, Deakin University , Australia

For further information, please visit the conference web site or contact
the conference secretariat.

http://www.plymouth.ac.uk/inc2002

Paul Dowland
Local Organising Committee (chair)

_______________________________________________
ippm mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailhost.advanced.org/mailman/listinfo/ippm