Subject: [ippm] PAM2002 Registration Opens

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 17:07:46 -0800

[Our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this announcement.]

             Passive & Active Measurement:  PAM 2002
                         
                        REGISTRATION OPENS

A workshop on passive and active measurement and analysis techniques
for high speed computer networks and the Internet

                    Fort Collins, Colorado, USA
                        March 25-26, 2002

As the Internet has grown over the last decade the need for precise
measurement of the network and its traffic load have become steadily
more apparent; most of today's Internet Service Providers and many of
their large network customers are collecting and analyzing measurement
data for the purposes of performance monitoring, network engineering
and cost recovery, but the engineering quality of these measurements
vary. 

A steadily growing number of research groups have been working in the
areas of: 

- Active Measurements, i.e. sending test packets and observing their
  progress through the Internet, 
- Passive Measurements, i.e. observing actual traffic on 'live' networks, 
- Performance Metrics, i.e. developing measures or indicators which can
  be used to characterize traffic behavior, 
- Traffic Statistics, i.e. attempting to understand and develop models
  of 'real' Internet traffic, and 
- Visualization, i.e. finding effective ways to display what's happening
  in a network.

PAM 2002 is a two-day event focusing on research and practical
applications of passive and active measurement and analysis techniques
for high speed computer networks and the Internet.  This third PAM
workshop follows successful PAM workshops in Hamilton, New Zealand,
in 2000 and Amsterdam, in 2001.

Registration for this workshop has now been opened.  The cost of the
workshop is $275 (US) prior to March 1, and $300 (US) thereafter.
Attendance will be limited.  Last year's event sold out.  To register,
go to:

    http://www.labs.agilent.com/hosted/conferences/pam2002/registration/
  
Also available on the web-site are the preliminary program:

    http://www.labs.agilent.com/hosted/conferences/pam2002/program/index.htm

general information on the workshop:

    http://www.labs.agilent.com/pam2002 

hotel information:

http://www.labs.agilent.com/hosted/conferences/pam2002/accommodations/index.
htm  

and information about the Fort Collins area:

    http://www.labs.agilent.com/hosted/conferences/pam2002/area_info/

Rooms are available at the conference hotel.  A limited number of rooms
are available at a special rate, on a first-come basis.  These rooms begin
at $81 (US) for a single, $91 (US) for a double.  Mention "PAM 2002" to
receive the conference room rate.  To reserve a room, call, fax or email
the hotel.  Contact details can be found on the web page.

There are still opportunities for participants to present measurement
equipment and software. Proposals for demonstrations (about 500 words,
plain ASCII) should be sent by email to the conference chair at
[email-masked] by 4 February 2002.

Contact information:

 * PAM 2002
   c/o Agilent Laboratories
   4800 Wheaton Dr
   Fort Collins, CO  80525
   USA
 * Phone:   +1-970-288-3821
 * Fax:     +1-970-288-4234
 * Email:   [email-masked]
 * Webpage: http://www.labs.agilent.com/pam2002
_______________________________________________
ippm mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailhost.advanced.org/mailman/listinfo/ippm