Subject: [ippm] favor

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 23:30:02 +0800 (HKT)

Hi:

   How are you?
 
   We need to ask you for a favor.  
The IFIP WG 7.3 Performance'2002 conference deadline is approaching 
(registraion of paper submission by March 31 and paper submission
by April 5, 2002).a  We hope that you can post the following CFP on
the IPPM mailing list.
  
         Many thanks for your consideration.
 
Regards,
 
John C.S. Lui
 
=========================CFP============================================

                           Performance 2002

IFIP WG 7.3 International Symposium on
Computer Performance Modeling, Measurement and Evaluation

September 23 - 27, 2002
Rome, Italy

Preliminary Call for Papers

The 22nd IFIP WG 7.3 symposium will address state-of-the-art techniques 
and tools for performance evaluation with particular emphasis on new areas, 
such as, Internet and Web, active networks and content distribution 
networks. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to: 
	
Techniques and tools for analytic modeling, simulation, performance optimization,
stochastic modeling, model checking, reliability analysis, system 
measurement and monitoring, workload characterization.

Performance-oriented design and evaluation studies of communication 
networks, active networks, Web architectures, computer architectures, 
database systems, operating systems, multimedia systems, real-time systems, 
fault-tolerant systems. 

Program

Paper/Poster Sessions:
Full papers should not exceed 20 double-spaced pages including figures, 
tables and references. A limited number of submitted papers will be 
accepted for a poster session. Authors wishing to have their work 
considered for the poster session may submit a short paper not 
exceeding 5 double-spaced pages. Submissions must be made 
electronically as Postscript or Adobe PDF files through the Conference 
Web site (http://perf2002.uniroma2.it). In case of problems, 
send papers by email to [email-masked].
Papers will be selected on the basis of their originality, 
relevance and clarity. 

Full papers will be published in a special issue of the 
Journal Performance Evaluation (Elsevier) available at the conference.

Tutorial Sessions:
Tutorial proposals, not exceeding 5 pages, have to include title, 
abstract, duration, intended audience, assumed background of attendees, 
name, affiliation and a biographical sketch of the instructors. Proposals 
should be sent to [email-masked]. Evaluation of proposals 
will be based on instructor expertise, and on the relevance of the 
subject matter. A book of survey papers on the tutorial topics 
will be published. Publisher is under negotiation.

Hot/Controversial Topic Sessions: 
Proposals are solicited for sessions in which a group of speakers will 
present and discuss ideas on recent results in a hot or controversial 
area. Send proposals for these sessions to [email-masked], 
specifying the name, affiliation and a brief biography of organizer(s) 
of the session, the session title, and a list of possible speakers. 
The submission should also indicate whether any published material is required 
for the session.

Awards:
The Scientific Committee will assign the "Best Paper" and 
the "Best Student Paper" awards. Papers eligible for the student 
award must have a full-time student as the first author.

IMPORTANT DATES: 
Registration of paper submission         
at the submission web site:              March 31, 2002 *****************
Submission of full papers and	             
Proposals for special sessions: 	 April 5, 2002 
Notification of acceptance: 	         June 4, 2002 
Camera-Ready papers: 	                 June 25, 2002 

For Further Information:
[email-masked] 
http://perf2002.uniroma2.it

_______________________________________________
ippm mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailhost.advanced.org/mailman/listinfo/ippm