Subject: [ippm] FW: I-D ACTION:draft-critchley-mlas-reordering-00.txt

From: "Matthew J Zekauskas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 12:33:24 -0500

cc to ippm didn't make it below...

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On
Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Monday, February 25, 2002 6:23 AM
To: IETF-Announce:
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-critchley-mlas-reordering-00.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Packet Reordering: The Minimal Longest Ascending 
                          Subsequence Metric
	Author(s)	: S. Critchley et al.
	Filename	: draft-critchley-mlas-reordering-00.txt
	Pages		: 
	Date		: 22-Feb-02
	
This draft describes a metric, based on the minimal longest ascending
subsequence (MLAS), which can be used to measure the level of
reorderedness of a given single sequence of packets transmitted by one
host and received by a second. This metric enables reordering between
similar packet flows to be compared across differing network
topologies. The draft goes on to provide a set of recommended
parameters which can be used when attempting to consistently compare
reordering, and highlights potential issues which should be taken into
account during measurement.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-critchley-mlas-reordering-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-critchley-mlas-reordering-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-critchley-mlas-reordering-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
ENCODING mime
FILE /internet-drafts/draft-critchley-mlas-reordering-00.txt