Subject: [ippm] Internet Measurement Workshop 2002 Call for Paper

From: Kavé Salamatian <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 01:13:00 +0100

Internet Measurement Workshop 2002
  Sponsored by ACM SIGCOMM and co-sponsored by ACM SIGMETRICS and USENIX
            November 6-8, 2002, Marseille, France
 
Workshop URL:   <http://www.icir.org/vern/imw-2002/>
http://www.icir.org/vern/imw-2002/
 
The 2nd Internet Measurement Workshop is a two and a half day event
focusing on Internet measurement and analysis.  Submissions should
contribute to the current understanding of how to collect or analyze
Internet measurements, or give insight into how the Internet behaves.
Examples of relevant topics are:
 
  - Workload characterization and traffic analysis 
  - Traffic engineering and measurement of traffic matrices 
  - Web and peer-to-peer measurements 
  - Inter-domain and intra-domain routing 
  - Active and passive measurement
  - Anonymization and privacy issues 
  - Measurement-based inference of network properties 
  - Efficacy of content distribution networks 
  - Reassessment/testing of previous measurement findings 
  - Assessment of previous simulation/testbed findings 
  - Design of monitoring systems
  - Sampling techniques
 
Papers that do not in some fashion rely on measuring Internet properties
are out of scope.  Attendance will be limited to 100 participants, with
priority given to authors of accepted papers, program committee members,
and authors of submitted papers. The papers from last year's Internet
Measurement Workshop are available 
on the Web at  <http://www.icir.org/vern/imw-2001/proceedings.html>
http://www.icir.org/vern/imw-2001/proceedings.html.  
The workshop is open to two forms of submissions:
 
  - Full papers (up to 14 two-column pages) should exhibit 
    succinctness appropriate to the topics and themes they discuss. 
 
  - Extended abstracts (up to 6 two-column pages), conveying work 
    expected to mature by the time of the workshop.  Accepted extended
    abstracts will still be subject to a 6-page limit in the
proceedings.
 
Submissions must be in electronic form, as Postscript or PDF documents
(see  <http://www.icir.org/vern/imw-2002/submit.html>
http://www.icir.org/vern/imw-2002/submit.html for instructions). All
manuscripts must be in English.  Submissions must be registered in
advance at  <http://www.icir.org/vern/imw-2002/register.html>
http://www.icir.org/vern/imw-2002/register.html.  Registration
opens April 1, 2002.   Registration will be confirmed via email,
including
the assignment of a paper number. The top of the first page of each
submitted paper should include the title of the paper, the authors, the
registration number, and the number of pages in the submission.
 
Key dates:
 
  - 11PM EDT, May 3, 2002: Registration of title and 250-word abstract
  - 11PM EDT, May 10, 2002: HARD submission deadline 
  - June 28, 2002: Notification 
  - August 9, 2002: Camera Ready Copy due 
  - November 6-8, 2002: Workshop held in Marseille, France
 
All full papers and extended abstracts accepted for presentation at the
workshop will be published by ACM in proceedings.  In addition to the
published proceedings, the Program Committee may also select a few
papers for fast-track submission for possible publication in IEEE/ACM
Transactions on Networking.  There may also be an opportunity to present
some papers that are not accepted in a poster session.
 
The workshop will present a best student paper award for the top paper
with a student as the primary author and contributor.  A limited number
of travel grants will be available to students who are unable to secure
funding from their advisors.
 
Steering committee
  - Christophe Diot, Sprint ATL ([email-masked])
  - Balachander Krishnamurthy, AT&T--Labs Research
([email-masked])
  - Vern Paxson, ICIR ([email-masked])
  - Jennifer Rexford, AT&T--Labs Research ([email-masked])
 
Program committee
  - Mostafa Ammar (Georgia Institute of Technology)
  - Mark Crovella (Boston University)
  - Anja Feldmann (University of Saarbruecken)
  - Ramesh Govindan (International Computer Science Institute)
  - Stephen Gribble (University of Washington)
  - Venkat Padmanabhan (Microsoft Research)
  - Kave Salamatian (Universite Pierre et Marie Curie)
  - Darryl Veitch (University of Melbourne)