Subject: [ippm] favor

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2002 14:22:50 +0800 (HKT)

Hi:

   How are you?

   We need to ask you for a favor.
The IFIP WG 7.3 Performance'2002 conference deadline is approaching
(March 24, 2002).  We hope that you can post the following CFP on
the IPPM mailing list.

         Many thanks for your consideration.

Regards,

John C.S. Lui
============================================================

                        Performance 2002

IFIP WG 7.3 International Symposium on
Computer Performance Modeling, Measurement and Evaluation

September 22 - 27, 2002
Rome, Italy

Call for Papers

The Performance2002 conference solicits superior papers on the
development and application of state-of-the-art analytic, simulation,
and measurement-based performance evaluation techniques. Of particular
interest this year is work that derives new methodologies or creatively
applies existing methods to model, design, evaluate, and optimize
performance trade-offs/issues in areas such as: Internet and Web
performance, content distribution networks, network and server quality
of service (QoS), active networks, and security.  Papers that advance
the state-of-the-art in formal evaluation methods or that creatively
apply evaluation methods to computer/communication system design
trade-offs/issues are also solicited.

Topics of interest include, but are not restricted to:

* Performance-oriented design and evaluation studies of: Internet servers,
  Web architectures, communication networks, computer architectures,
  database systems, operating systems, Web server software, distributed
  systems, multimedia systems, mobile and wireless systems, file and I/O
  systems, memory systems, real-time systems, and fault-tolerant systems.

* Techniques and algorithms for: analytic modeling, performance
  optimization, queueing analysis, stochastic modeling, model
  verification and validation, power analysis, hybrid models,
  experimental design, system measurement and monitoring, reliability
  analysis, workload characterization, simulation, and statistical
  analysis.

Program

Paper/Poster Sessions:
Full papers should not exceed 20 double-spaced pages including figures, 
tables and references. A limited number of submitted papers will be 
accepted for a poster session. Authors wishing to have their work 
considered for the poster session may submit a short paper not 
exceeding 5 double-spaced pages. Submissions must be made 
electronically as Postscript or Adobe PDF files through the Conference 
Web site (http://perf2002.uniroma2.it). In case of problems, 
send papers by email to [email-masked].
Papers will be selected on the basis of their originality, 
relevance and clarity. 

Full papers will be published in a special issue of the 
Journal Performance Evaluation (Elsevier) available at the conference.

Tutorial Sessions:
Tutorial proposals, not exceeding 5 pages, have to include title, 
abstract, duration, intended audience, assumed background of attendees, 
name, affiliation and a biographical sketch of the instructors. Proposals 
should be sent to [email-masked]. Evaluation of proposals 
will be based on instructor expertise, and on the relevance of the 
subject matter. A book of survey papers on the tutorial topics 
will be published. Publisher is under negotiation.

Hot/Controversial Topic Sessions: 
Proposals are solicited for sessions in which a group of speakers will 
present and discuss ideas on recent results in a hot or controversial 
area. Send proposals for these sessions to [email-masked], 
specifying the name, affiliation and a brief biography of organizer(s) 
of the session, the session title, and a list of possible speakers. 
The submission should also indicate whether any published material is required 
for the session.

Awards:
The Scientific Committee will assign the "Best Paper" and 
the "Best Student Paper" awards. Papers eligible for the student 
award must have a full-time student as the first author.

IMPORTANT DATES: 
Submission of full papers and	             
Proposals for special sessions: 	 March 24, 2002 
Notification of acceptance: 	         May  25, 2002 
Camera-Ready papers: 	                 June   20, 2002 

For Further Information:
[email-masked] 
http://perf2002.uniroma2.it
_______________________________________________
ippm mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailhost.advanced.org/mailman/listinfo/ippm