Subject: [ippm] Mark Allman: imrg futures

From: Mark Allman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 11:42:04 -0500

Originally sent to the IMRG list, but I'd love to hear any input from
this group, as well.

Thanks,
allman

Subject: imrg futures
From: Mark Allman <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2005 21:32:20 -0500

Hi folks!

IMRG has been pretty quiet lately, with not much percolating off-list
either.  So, I have started to wonder whether this RG is needed or
whether we should consider it done.  From my viewpoint this RG was
created as an umbrella under which various activities across network
measurement could be pursued.  And, to an extent that has happened (with
workshops and review teams and such).  However, I think we need to
either come up with a use for this RG or just wrap it up.  So, if you
have something that you think would benefit from operating under the
auspices of the IMRG, please let me know (or, the list).  

And, remember that this is an open RG, but the charter explicitly calls
out the fact that certain activities can be closed.  As long as there is
some reporting to the community I would be very happy to have some
closed sorts of group working on things because I think it can be
conducive to rapid progress.  (That doesn't mean I think open activities
shouldn't be undertaken.)

Please let me know what you think ...

(Oh, I am on my way to IETF right now, so if you want to chat in person
this week and will be around, shoot me an email and we'll work something
out.)

Thanks!

allman
(IMRG chair)

--
Mark Allman -- ICIR -- http://www.icir.org/mallman/

_______________________________________________
ippm mailing list
[email-masked] 
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ippm