Subject: [ippm] J-OWAMP, new version and site

From: Hélder Veiga <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 11:20:05 -0000

Please accept our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this
announcement.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------

Dear all,

This is to announce that we have completed the third phase of development of
a Java implementation of OWAMP. We added two new versions (1.2  and 2.1 ) of
our implementation to the J-OWAMP web site. The current version of J-OWAMP
(version 2.1 ) implements the December 2004 draft proposal of OWAMP (
<http://www.internet2.edu/~shalunov/ippm/draft-ietf-ippm-owdp-14.txt>
http://www.internet2.edu/~shalunov/ippm/draft-ietf-ippm-owdp-14.txt). The
previous versions of J-OWAMP (versions 1.0 and 1.2) implement the May 2004
draft proposal of OWAMP (
<http://www.internet2.edu/~shalunov/ippm/draft-ietf-ippm-owdp-08.txt>
http://www.internet2.edu/~shalunov/ippm/draft-ietf-ippm-owdp-08.txt).  

On the new versions:

*	J-OWAMP includes a NTP client which can be used to get the time
reference directly from a NTP server, without the requirement of a
synchronized clock on the machine hosting J-OWAMP;

*	The user can choose the local IP address to bind to. This address
can be used on a multi-homed host for an OWAMP element that will only accept
connection requests to one of its addresses. If not defined, it will by
default accept connections on any/all local addresses;

*	some others improvements were made.

You can find more information on this platform in
<http://www.av.it.pt/jowamp> http://www.av.it.pt/jowamp.

Any comments are welcome.

Best regards.

Hélder Veiga

Rui Valadas

José Luís Oliveira

Paulo Salvador

António Nogueira

João Silva

_______________________________________________
ippm mailing list
[email-masked] 
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ippm