Subject: [ippm] RFC 4656 on A One-way Active Measurement Protocol (OWAMP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 16:42:56 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4656

        Title:      A One-way Active Measurement Protocol 
                    (OWAMP) 
        Author:     S. Shalunov, B. Teitelbaum,
                    A. Karp, J. Boote,
                    M. Zekauskas
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       September 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      56
        Characters: 132303
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ippm-owdp-16.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4656.txt

The One-Way Active Measurement Protocol (OWAMP) measures
unidirectional characteristics such as one-way delay and one-way
loss.  High-precision measurement of these one-way IP performance
metrics became possible with wider availability of good time
sources (such as GPS and CDMA).  OWAMP enables the interoperability
of these measurements.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the IP Performance Metrics
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the 
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization 
state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is 
unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
ippm mailing list
[email-masked] 
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ippm

---

From: Henk Uijterwaal <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 07:57:45 +0200

Stas et al,

>         Title:      A One-way Active Measurement Protocol

I know that this has been a lot of work, but it is finally done.
Congratulations guys,

Henk

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Henk Uijterwaal                           Email: henk.uijterwaal(at)ripe.net
RIPE Network Coordination Centre          http://www.amsterdamned.org/~henk
P.O.Box 10096          Singel 258         Phone: +31.20.5354414
1001 EB Amsterdam      1016 AB Amsterdam  Fax: +31.20.5354445
The Netherlands        The Netherlands    Mobile: +31.6.55861746
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1160438400 + 381600 = 1160820000.

---

From: stanislav shalunov <[email-masked]>
Date: 21 Sep 2006 11:57:42 -0400

> I know that this has been a lot of work, but it is finally done.

Henk,

Thank you!  I am so glad to finally be done with it.  Thanks everyone
for all the reviews and other help.

P.S. We should also have RFC-compliant code release in a few weeks.

-- 
Stanislav Shalunov		http://www.internet2.edu/~shalunov/

"Nuclear war would really set back cable [television]."  -- Ted Turner