Subject: [ippm] Meetings in Dublin

From: Henk Uijterwaal <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 13:46:22 +0200

IPPM group,

We have two sessions planned during the next IETF meeting in Dublin.

Session 1: Ongoing work
=======================
In this session, we'll discuss the items that we are currently working
on.  So-far, I have as agenda topics:

   * Status of drafts, milestones, etc.
   * TWAMP extensions/Al & Kaynam
   * Delay Variation AS/Al
   * ....

Other topics are welcome.

Session 2: BoF on future work for the group
===========================================
In Philadelphia, we discussed the future of the group now that we get
close to finishing the work that is on our plate.  We had some
discussion on possible future work items.  In Philly, people did suggest
to have a BoF to discuss this in Dublin.  This BoF has been approved and
we should now start to put an agenda together:

   1. Administrative details.
   2. What did IPPM do so-far (Henk/Matt).
   3. Possible future work items.
      a) SLA validations
          = ...
      b) Passive measurements
          = ...
      c) Comparison of Metrics
          = ...
      d) Other possible work items
   4. Discussion.
   5. How to proceed from here.

If you have work that fits into section 3, please let me know and I'll
give you a slot on the agenda.

However, note that the goal of the BoF is to determine if there are
problems that needs to be solved _and_ there is a critical mass of
people who want to work on this.  The goal of the BoF is NOT to
discuss possible solutions in great detail.   For more on how to make
the BoF a success, see: 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-narten-successful-bof-03.txt

That said, if you want to present at either session, please drop us a
mail.

Matt & Henk

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Henk Uijterwaal                           Email: henk.uijterwaal(at)ripe.net
RIPE Network Coordination Centre          http://www.amsterdamned.org/~henk
P.O.Box 10096          Singel 258         Phone: +31.20.5354414
1001 EB Amsterdam      1016 AB Amsterdam  Fax: +31.20.5354445
The Netherlands        The Netherlands    Mobile: +31.6.55861746
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is one of the choices leaving the office open?
                                       Alan Greenspan on the next elections
_______________________________________________
ippm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ippm