Subject: [ippm] draft-ietf-ippm-storetraceroutes: changes up to version 10

From: "Thomas Dietz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 16:01:45 +0200

Dear all,

As you surely have noticed the draft-ietf-ippm-storetraceroutes has
undergone two revisions. It has now reached a stable state again. The
following changes have been made (with big support from Pasi):

* Did improve the XML Schema for better readability and less duplication.

* Adjusted description of test name, because the uniqueness is much more
relaxed than in RFC4560.

* Made the CtlTypes extendable as proposed by Pasi.

* Added a reference for setsockopt (IEEE.1003.1G).

* Aligned ProbeResult history with RFC4560, which implies an adjustment of
the range.

* All Metadata elements are now required but have a default. This is due to
the improved XML Schema that tries to avoid to define the same things twice.
You are required to specify all Metadata elements also in the request but
can put them as empty elements (<elemnt/>) thus using the default value
which would have been done anyway (by the application) when you omit an
optional element.

* Adjusted the inetAddress XML types and their usage also to improve
readability and simplify the schema.

* Aligned the _roundTripTime type with RFC4560.

* Added HopName to store the DNS name of HopAdress if available. This was
done due to the fact that DNS names may change over time. So you get the
HopAddress (IP) and the HopName which is the DNS name that matched the
HopAddress at the time of execution.

* Added a bunch of examples.

* Fixing number of ProbeResults per Measurement which should be exactly one.

* Aligning description of draft and schema which drifted a little bit apart
due to the many changes first made in the XML schema.

* Aligning default values with RFC4560, those that I missed in the first
shot.

* Reviewing and updating Appendix C which describes the relation to RFC4560.

I hope this has put the draft into a good shape and we can continue the
process.

Best Regards,

Thomas

-- 
Thomas Dietz
NEC Europe Ltd., NEC Laboratories, Network Research Division, 69115
Heidelberg, Germany

NEC Europe Limited, Registered in England 2832014
Registered Office: NEC House, 1 Victoria Road, London W3 6BL

_______________________________________________
ippm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ippm