Subject: Re: [ippm] Anyone implemented storetraceroutes draft?

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 10:28:54 +0100

On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 10:19:07AM +0100,
 Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]> wrote
 a message of 13 lines which said:

> [Looking for a software project for the next week-end. It is too rainy
> to picnic.]
>
> Did anyone implemented draft-ietf-ippm-storetraceroutes-12?

OK, I made a crude implementation based on traceroute-nanog, for my
fun and use. I copy it here, under the same licence as the original,
for anyone who wants to play with it.

It requires libxml2.

To compile, on GNU/Linux-based systems:

cc -DXML -lresolv  $(xml2-config --cflags) $(xml2-config --libs) traceroute-nanog.c   -o traceroute-nanog

On FreeBSD, same thing without -lresolv.

Then run it with -X to produce the XML output. After some tweaking of
the XSD schema, the output validates.

I cannot post examples of the output (too large for the very low limit
of this list, they were refused) but do not hesitate to produce them
yourself.

Comments, bug reports and patches are welcome.
_______________________________________________
ippm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ippm

---

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 14:54:20 +0100

It requires libxml2.

Attached are three examples of its output.