Subject: [ippm] [Fwd: Nomcom 2009-10: FINAL Call for Nominations, Local Office hours, Nominee Questionnaires]

From: Henk Uijterwaal <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 07:54:34 +0200

FYI, and please volunteer.

Henk

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Nomcom 2009-10: FINAL Call for Nominations, Local Office hours, 
Nominee Questionnaires
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 20:07:03 -0700 (PDT)
From: Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>
To: IETF Announcement list <[email-masked]>
CC: [email-masked]

Hi all,

This is the Final Call for Nominations - the nominations period ends in
two days on Sept 18, 2009.

We do not have a sufficient number of nominations for the following AD
positions:
APP, OPS, RAI and SEC

In addition, we have not received responses from almost half of the
nominees. I will be sending reminders for all the outstanding nominations.

We need Community input and participation!!! We cannot properly execute
the task of selecting the best candidates for these positions with so few
accepted nominations.  So, please consider making nominations for the open
positions, in particular those for which we have so few nominations - it
takes just a few minutes of your time. Right now, we just need the
names/email addresses - we'll be soliciting feedback later.

Also, please note that although draft-dawkins-nomcom-openlist-06 has been
approved, the 2009-10 Nomcom is NOT operating under these new guidelines.

As well as the reminder for the call for nominations, this email also
serves as a reminder for:
2) Local Office Hours through Sept. 25, 2009.
3) Questionnaires due from Nominees on Sept. 25, 2009.

Best Regards,
Mary Barnes
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]

=========================================================================

1) Call for Nominations
------------------------
The nomination period ends in less than 2 days on Sept. 18th, 2009. We
appreciate the folks that have taken the time to make nominations thus
far. But, we do need more nominations. Please use the online tool to
nominate - it's fast, easy and secure:
https://wiki.tools.ietf.org/group/nomcom/09/nominate

Details on the open positions, as well as other details and options for
making nominations are available on the Nomcom homepage:
https://wiki.tools.ietf.org/group/nomcom/09/

You will have the opportunity to provide additional feedback later and
it's important to consider that not all nominees will be able to accept
the nomination.

2) Local office hours
-----------------------

In order facilitate additional feedback, the Nomcom has decided to make
themselves available for office areas at various geographic locations from
September 8th through Sept. 25th.

Below please find the list of locations where Nomcom members will be
available for these f2f meetings . Unless dates are identified below, the
Nomcom member is generally available for part of the day during the weeks
of Sept 8-11, Sept 14-18 and Sept 21-25. Also, languages other than
English in which the Nomcom member is fluent are identfied.

Please contact a Nomcom member in a specific geographic location to
arrange a convenient meeting time and place. Most Nomcom members are
flexible as to meeting locations - i.e., we can travel to your office,
meet at our offices or somewhere in between.

As a reminder folks can always contact any Nomcom member to provide
feedback at anytime - i.e., you don't need to participate in these f2f
sessions to provide feedback.

Belgium:
      Dimitri Papadimitriou - [email-masked] (Sept
21-25) (Languages: French)

Boston, Mass, USA:
      Stephen Kent - [email-masked]  (Sept 16-18)

Boulder, CO, USA:
      Wassim Haddad - [email-masked] (Sept 14-18)

Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX, USA:
      Mary Barnes  - [email-masked]
      Lucy Yong - [email-masked]  (Languages: Chinese)

Helsinki, Finland:
       Simo Veikkolainen - [email-masked] (Languages: Finnish)

Ithaca, NY, USA:
       Scott Brim - [email-masked]

Montevideo, Uruguay:
       Roque Gagliano - [email-masked] (Sept 14-18, 21-25) (Languages:
Spanish, Portuguese)

Montreal, Quebec, Canada
      Wassim Haddad - [email-masked] (Sept 8-11)
      -- Can also be available in Ottawa if folks are interested

Paris, France:
       Dimitri Papadimitriou - [email-masked]
(Sept 15-18)  (Languages: French)

San Diego, CA, USA:
       Randall Gellens - [email-masked]
       Dave Crocker - [email-masked]  (Sept 16-18)

Silicon Valley/SF Bay,  CA, USA:
       Dave Crocker - [email-masked]  (Sept 8-11, Sept 14-15, Sept
21-25)
       Dorothy Gellert - [email-masked]

3) Questionnaires available for nominees:

For folks that have been notified that they have been nominated for any
of the positions, the questionnaires are available on the Nomcom09 tools
website:
https://wiki.tools.ietf.org/group/nomcom/09/iab-questionnaire
https://wiki.tools.ietf.org/group/nomcom/09/iaoc-questionnaire
https://wiki.tools.ietf.org/group/nomcom/09/iesg-questionnaire

The questionnaires are due no later than Sept. 25th, 2009.  If you have
any questions or concerns with meeting the deadline, please let me know.

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Henk Uijterwaal                           Email: henk.uijterwaal(at)ripe.net
RIPE Network Coordination Centre          http://www.xs4all.nl/~henku
P.O.Box 10096          Singel 258         Phone: +31.20.5354414
1001 EB Amsterdam      1016 AB Amsterdam  Fax: +31.20.5354445
The Netherlands        The Netherlands    Mobile: +31.6.55861746
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Belgium: an unsolvable problem, discussed in endless meetings, with no
          hope for a solution, where everybody still lives happily.