Subject: [ippm] Comments on draft-ietf-ippm-reporting-metrics-01

From: "Mcdysan, David E" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 22:15:38 -0400

As mentioned in the meeting, I propose the following changes to the
subject draft:
 
- Mention SLA as an example use of network characterization
- Make the loss reporting section of this draft consistent with section
3 of http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-ippm-reporting-04.txt
 
   One consideration that would have to be addressed to make these
   metrics suitable for longer-term measurements (hours and days) is
   that of network availability: during such long periods of time the
   network may be completely down for some time and it does not seem to
   make sense to average out the reports in such a way that the network
   being down for 1% of the time becomes 1% packet loss.

- Mention the current Y.154x definition of sustatined high loss rate as
an ITU-defined unavailable state.

Thanks,

Dave