Subject: [ippm] I-D Action:draft-ietf-ippm-loss-episode-metrics-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 06:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Performance Metrics Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Loss Episode Metrics for IPPM
	Author(s)       : N. Duffield, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ippm-loss-episode-metrics-00.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2010-06-29

The IETF has developed a one way packet loss metric that measures the
loss rate on a Poisson probe stream between two hosts.  However, the
impact of packet loss on applications is in general sensitive not
just to the average loss rate, but also to the way in which packet
losses are distributed in loss episodes (i.e., maximal sets of
consecutively lost probe packets).  This draft defines one-way packet
loss episode metrics, specifically the frequency and average duration
of loss episodes, and a probing methodology under which the loss
episode metrics are to be measured.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ippm-loss-episode-metrics-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.