Subject: [ippm] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ippm-registry-passive-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2014 07:17:50 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the IP Performance Metrics Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Passive Performance Metrics Sub-Registry
        Authors         : Aamer Akhter
                          Benoit Claise
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ippm-registry-passive-01.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2014-07-04

Abstract:
   This document specifies the Passive Performance Metrics sub-registry
   of the Performance Metric Registry.  This sub-registry contains
   Passive Performance Metrics, especially those defined in RFCs
   prepared in the IP Performance Metrics (IPPM) Working Group of the
   IETF, and possibly applicable to other IETF metrics.

   This document specifies a way to organize registry entries into
   columns that are well-defined, permitting consistent development of
   entries over time (a column may be marked NA if it is not applicable
   for that metric).  The design is intended to foster development of
   registry entries based on existing reference RFCs, whilst each column
   serves as a check-list item to avoid omissions during the
   registration process.  Every entry in the registry, before IANA
   action, requires Expert review as defined by concurrent IETF work in
   progress "Registry for Performance Metrics" (draft-ietf-ippm-metric-
   registry).

   The document contains example entries for the Passive Performance
   Metrics sub-registry: a registry entry for a passive metric based on
   octetTotalCount as defined in RFC5102 and a protocol specific passive
   metric based on RTP packets lost as defined in RFC3550.  The examples
   are for Informational purposes and do not create any entry in the
   IANA registry.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ippm-registry-passive/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ippm-registry-passive-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ippm-registry-passive-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/