Subject: [ippm] Last Call: <draft-ietf-ippm-port-twamp-test-03.txt> (OWAMP and TWAMP Well-Known Port Assignments) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2018 09:54:35 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the IP Performance Measurement WG (ippm)
to consider the following document: - 'OWAMP and TWAMP Well-Known Port
Assignments'
  <draft-ietf-ippm-port-twamp-test-03.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-11-26. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This memo explains the motivation and describes the re-assignment of
   well-known ports for the OWAMP and TWAMP protocols for control and
   measurement, and clarifies the meaning and composition of these
   standards track protocol names for the industry.

   The memo updates RFC 4656 and RFC 5357, in terms of the UDP well-
   known port assignments, and clarifies the complete OWAMP and TWAMP
   protocol composition for the industry.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ippm-port-twamp-test/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ippm-port-twamp-test/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information: 
    rfc7594: A Framework for Large-Scale Measurement of Broadband Performance (LMAP) (Informational - IETF stream)