Subject: [ippm] Protocol Action: 'OWAMP and TWAMP Well-Known Port Assignments' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-ippm-port-twamp-test-04.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2018 09:02:30 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'OWAMP and TWAMP Well-Known Port Assignments'
  (draft-ietf-ippm-port-twamp-test-04.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the IP Performance Measurement Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Mirja Kühlewind and Spencer Dawkins.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ippm-port-twamp-test/

Technical Summary

   This memo explains the motivation and describes the re-assignment of
   well-known ports for the OWAMP and TWAMP protocols for control and
   measurement, and clarifies the meaning and composition of these
   standards track protocol names for the industry.

Working Group Summary

   There was reasonable discussions in the mailing list. A couple of people 
   supported the adoption of this document. There was no objection in the
   mailing list when the WG chair raised the LC. 

Document Quality

   This document request an IANA action and clarifies existing RFCs.
   Therefore no implementation or additional reviews are needed. 

Personnel

   Tianran Zhou is the shepherd. Mirja Kühlewind is the responsible AD.