Subject: [ippm] Alissa Cooper's No Objection on draft-ietf-ippm-port-twamp-test-03: (with COMMENT)

From: Alissa Cooper <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2018 17:50:32 -0800

Alissa Cooper has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-ippm-port-twamp-test-03: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ippm-port-twamp-test/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

In Section 4, 'Since the consensus of many dictionary definitions of  "consist"
is "composed or made up of"' seems like an odd justification for a normative
requirement for conformance with RFC 4656 and RFC 5357. It seems like it would
be clearer (and maybe more accurate) to say, "For avoidance of doubt,
implementation of both ... are REQUIRED ...."

---

From: "MORTON, ALFRED C (AL)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2018 12:42:32 +0000

Thanks Alissa, that seems like a good re-wording.
I'll add it to the working draft.

Al

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Alissa Cooper [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Tuesday, December 4, 2018 8:51 PM
> To: The IESG <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]; Tianran Zhou
> <[email-masked]>; [email-masked]; [email-masked];
> [email-masked]
> Subject: Alissa Cooper's No Objection on draft-ietf-ippm-port-twamp-test-
> 03: (with COMMENT)
> 
> Please refer to https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-
> 3A__www.ietf.org_iesg_statement_discuss-2Dcriteria.html&d=DwICaQ&c=LFYZ-
> o9_HUMeMTSQicvjIg&r=OfsSu8kTIltVyD1oL72cBw&m=ZW9nv2lZISknHVMYVFVawAaAHbt96
> 27Gn4IP4d2kpoI&s=fd7UyTNkKpxl6ztFz9H3yBLvo4bMH1ySbU50T8oJy3E&e=
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-
> 3A__datatracker.ietf.org_doc_draft-2Dietf-2Dippm-2Dport-2Dtwamp-
> 2Dtest_&d=DwICaQ&c=LFYZ-
> o9_HUMeMTSQicvjIg&r=OfsSu8kTIltVyD1oL72cBw&m=ZW9nv2lZISknHVMYVFVawAaAHbt96
> 27Gn4IP4d2kpoI&s=k1nbYJc1uurRWxjRcV-hIKkfjmSXPNm3apLGVUUIgiI&e=
> 
> 
>

---

From: "MORTON, ALFRED C (AL)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2018 17:37:39 +0000

Hi Alissa,
the revised text is available now:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ippm-port-twamp-test/

Al

> From: MORTON, ALFRED C (AL)
> Sent: Thursday, December 6, 2018 7:43 AM
> To: Alissa Cooper <[email-masked]>; The IESG <[email-masked]>
> Subject: RE: Alissa Cooper's No Objection on draft-ietf-ippm-port-twamp-
> test-03: (with COMMENT)
>