Subject: Atlanta meeting

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 11:03:33 -0000

Steve,

<"If there consensus of the working group for a different IPR policy than
the one described in RFC 2026, the working group will seek to amend its
charter to make it clear that it is changing the status quo."  The open mike
session will primarily be dedicated to that question -- do we want to
recharter to change our IPR policy?> 

Since "the list is the WG", and since I can't attend the Atlanta meeting
because the "usual" December meeting dates were changed to November, my
contribution to the consensus is that we should not change the IPR policy /
status quo.  Not broken...don't fix..., etc.

	Regards,

	Graham Travers

	International Standards Manager
	BTexact Technologies

	e-mail:   [email-masked]
	tel:      +44(0) 1359 235086
	mobile:   +44(0) 7808 502536
	fax:      +44(0) 1359 235087

	HWB279, PO Box 200,London, N18 1ZF, UK

	BTexact Technologies is a trademark of British Telecommunications
plc
	Registered office: 81 Newgate Street London EC1A 7AJ
	Registered in England no. 1800000

	This electronic message contains information from British
Telecommunications plc which may be privileged or confidential. The
information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) or entity
named above. If you are not the intended recipient be aware that any
disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information
is prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error, please
notify us by telephone or email (to the numbers or address above)
immediately.

From: Steve Bellovin <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: draft agenda for Atlanta
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 16:50:48 -0400

1930-1935	Agenda-bashing, administrivia
1935-2015	Scott Brader,  revised version of "Rights" drafts
2015-2045	Scott Brim, "Scenarios" draft
2045-2145	Open mike*
2145-2200	Where to from here?
2200-?		Bar...

*The Rights and Scenarios documents are not very contentious.  I
think that we can wrap up the open issues with them in Atlanta,
subject to post-meeting ratification on the mailing list.  But the
charter also says "If there consensus of the working group for a
different IPR policy than the one described in RFC 2026, the working
group will seek to amend its charter to make it clear that it is
changing the status quo."  The open mike session will primarily be
dedicated to that question -- do we want to recharter to change
our IPR policy?  The final 15 minutes will be for assessing the
consensus of the WG on our future path.

		--Steve Bellovin, http://www.research.att.com/~smb (me)
		http://www.wilyhacker.com ("Firewalls" book)

_______________________________________________
Ipr-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipr-wg

---

From: "McIntyre, Lloyd" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 12:10:57 -0800

> status quo.  Not broken...don't fix..., etc.

Thanks,
Lloyd McIntyre

********************************************
Lloyd McIntyre      [email-masked]
Xerox Corp., 
Solutions & Services Technology Center,
3400 Hillview Ave. Bldg. 1,
Palo Alto, CA 94304,
Tel: +1 650 813 6762   fax: +1 650 813 6860
******************************************** 

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Monday, November 04, 2002 3:04 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Atlanta meeting
> 
> 
> Steve,
>

---

From: "Steven M. Bellovin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2002 16:45:19 -0500

In message <[email-masked]
st.net>, [email-masked] writes:
>because the "usual" December meeting dates were changed to November,

As always, the mailing list is the ultimate forum; "decisions" reached 
in WG meetings don't count until they're ratified on the list.

So -- thanks for your input.