Subject: are we finished?

From: jeremy hunsinger <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 18:11:35 -0500

or what is the state of work that we are in?
jeremy hunsinger
[email-masked]
on the ibook
www.cddc.vt.edu
www.cddc.vt.edu/jeremy
www.cddc.vt.edu/jeremy/blog

()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html mail
/\                        - against microsoft attachments

_______________________________________________
Ipr-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipr-wg

---

From: "Steven M. Bellovin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 20:30:00 -0500

In message <[email-masked]>, jeremy hunsinger writ
>or what is the state of work that we are in?

There are three documents in our charter.  One was approved in Atlanta. 
There will be new versions of the other two coming shortly.  Rob and I 
hope that we'll be able to wrap these up in San Francisco.  Following 
that--and assuming there are no other items anyone wants to add to 
agenda (if there are some, drop a note to me)---we'll have an open mike 
session, similar to the one in Atlanta.  To quote our charter:

	If there consensus of the working group for a different
	IPR policy than the one described in RFC 2026, the working
	group will seek to amend its charter to make it clear that
	it is changing the status quo.

That's what the open mike session will be about:  do we wish to change 
the IETF's IPR policy?  If there is a consensus for a change -- there 
was a strong consensus against change in Atlanta -- we will seek to 
recharter.  If we finish up the documents and there is no consensus for 
a change, the WG will terminate.

		--Steve Bellovin, http://www.research.att.com/~smb (me)
		http://www.wilyhacker.com (2nd edition of "Firewalls" book)