Subject: RE: IPR for Standards Track only???

From: "Christian Huitema" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 11:20:58 -0700

> > Since you use the word "should", we appear to agree. It's "must"
> > prior to entry into the standards track that seems impractical
> > to me.
> 
> what's impractical about making a disclosure as soon as you know that
> a disclosure needs to be made?

The disclosure itself may or may not be an issue, but in any large
company, making a disclosure also requires that you make a licensing
proposal, i.e. in essence dispose of the company's property. That
requires involving the legal department, or the upper management, or
both. Your mileage may vary depending on the specific corporate culture,
but you cannot assume it will always be simple.

-- Christian Huitema

_______________________________________________
Ipr-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipr-wg

_______________________________________________
Ipr-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipr-wg