Subject: Nit (I hope) in technology-rights

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 14:08:39 +0200

Sorry that I spotted this just after Scott submitted yet
another version.

RFC 2418 is about working group procedures. It contains this text:

   WG participants should specifically note the
   requirements for disclosure of conflicts of interest in [2].

[2] is RFC 2028, about the various organizations involved in IETF work. 
It does not contain anything about conflict of interest. However, it 
does say

   To ensure a fair and open process, participants in the IETF and its
   Working Groups must be able to disclose, and must disclose to the
   Working Group chairs any relevant current or pending intellectual
   property rights that are reasonably and personally known to the
   participant if they participate in discussions about a specific
   technology.

I find it very odd that this is hidden in the "wrong" RFC. It seems
to me that draft-ietf-ipr-technology-rights ought to be the single
source for disclosure requirements; if not, it needs an explicit
pointer to the paragraph in 2028. As for the "conflicts of interest"
reference in 2418, it is definitely confusing. Perhaps
draft-ietf-ipr-technology-rights needs to obsolete both of the above
quotations.

   Brian
_______________________________________________
Ipr-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipr-wg

_______________________________________________
Ipr-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipr-wg