Subject: [IPsec] OSPFv3 Authentication

From: Ed Jankiewicz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 11:34:36 -0400

I am not an active follower of current IPsec work, but have a question 
for this list.  Please reply off-list unless your response would be 
generally interesting or trigger relevant discussion on the list.

What (if any) current initiatives are there that would support automated 
key exchange for OSFPv3 authentication?  RFC 4552 relies upon pre-shared 
secret keys for generating message digest, but some of my constituents 
have issues with manual generation, distribution and configuration of 
keys in their IPv6 network deployment.  Is any of the current work on 
IKE revisions applicable, or is someone looking at OSPF specific solution?

Thanks.

-- 
Ed Jankiewicz - SRI International
Fort Monmouth Branch Office - IPv6 Research 
Supporting DISA Standards Engineering Branch
732-389-1003 or  [email-masked] 

_______________________________________________
IPsec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipsec